Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot my first official match tonight in the Production Division. What a blast (literally and figuratively)! I used my XD9 Tactical w/ Remington UMC 115g ammo. The first stage had 14 targets and I aced 13 of them! Mind you I was not shooting like a GM but the XD did not let me down. On the classifier stage I got 9 of 12 A's. I am so pumped I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight!

Oh, and as a bonus Dave Sevigny showed up to shoot with us. Wow!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Welcome to the fold grasshopper 8)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Welcome to the club!! XD's are truly one great handgun

·
Registered
86 Posts
Open the check book now.......just like a drug addict....the needle is now in your arm......I still have my 45 from the first USPSA match I shot in.....That was 14 years ago........

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know it's going to be difficult but I'm trying to limit myself to two half-hour range sessions, two matches a month and one outing to a friends back 40. I do a lot of dry-fire practice at home. Great way to pass the time during commercials!

I'm really enjoying this. This is my first gun purchase. The competition is fun and it is a very easy going environment. Everyone is very willing to share insights on how to shoot better.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Welcome to USPSA!
I'm a revolver shooter but did shoot my XD9 in production last weekend. It was an odd transition as I have "shoot 6 and reload" burned into my brain!

One nice thing about production (and revolver) is you don't need to get into an equipment race. One holster, a few mag holders and you are good to go.

I ran dirt cheap CCI Blazer 115 gr through my XD and had no hiccups.

Have fun,

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts