Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am happy to say that I have successfully completed my first day of concealed carry. I'm currently on vacation in TN and we drove from IL. The first place was a restaurant for breakfast. I was definitely nervous and concerned that everyone was staring at me, but as no one tackled me and I noticed a few more bumps on some backs I felt better.

I then moved on, of course, to the Wally World Walk. I picked up some items from the top shelf and the bottom, and again no one tackled me haha. I did notice that my spacial awareness was at like 500% paying extreme close attention that no one was walking closely behind or around me. Luckily I had my fiance to spot for me and make sure I was ok.

It was really nice to finally be able to exercise my right!

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
It takes some getting used to and if you carry a tiny pistol that cant print, you tend to even forget you have it at times. Last weekend we went to applebees for lunch and it wasnt until about half way through our meal i remembered that I was comitting a big no no and rushed out to my car to disarm.

·
Banned
1,155 Posts
It takes some getting used to and if you carry a tiny pistol that cant print, you tend to even forget you have it at times. Last weekend we went to applebees for lunch and it wasnt until about half way through our meal i remembered that I was comitting a big no no and rushed out to my car to disarm.

Drinking a beer while carrying I presume?

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Drinking a beer while carrying I presume?
Our law that allows carrying in a class D establishment has not gone into effect yet. Our old law (soon changing) prevented you from carrying in any establishment that sold booze for consumption on the premises.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
While I'm sure you're feeling pretty good in TN, it looks like when the vacation is over you have to go back to Ill and give up your 2A rights!

Hopefully, you guys can joint us Cheeseheads in honoring the constitution.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So far I can always tell it's there, even with the crossbreed holster my subcompact 40 is very noticeable to me. Yeah I haven't even thought about going home yet, but I have a feeling that when I do I just feel dirty like every time I get back to that state haha.

I did some research on the laws before I came down and it seems like you can carry in restaurants around here as long as you don't drink, and as long as it's not mainly a bar from what I understand. Please correct me if that is wrong.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Our law that allows carrying in a class D establishment has not gone into effect yet. Our old law (soon changing) prevented you from carrying in any establishment that sold booze for consumption on the premises.
When does the new law go into affect? I will be there in september and don't want to screw that one up.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Congrats!

You will learn not everyone can see the outline of your gun and not every movement flashes it.
You will learn not everyone is pointing at you - "He's got a gun!"
You will learn that the more you wear it, the more comfortable you will be with it. If you have a truly GOOD holster/belt combo, you will hardly notice it.
You will learn to "dress around the gun". Dark colors and patterns are your friend, as are loose-fitting shirts.
You will learn to not tug on the hem of your shirt every 5 minutes to assure yourself you're still concealed.
You will learn to stop constantly adjusting the holster. In fact, if the holster/belt is the proper fit, you won't need to.
You will learn to stop touching the butt with your elbow just to assure yourself that it's still in place.
You will learn to give a little extra clearance on your carry side.
You will learn to reach overhead with your weak-side hand.
You will learn to stoop or kneel rather than bend.
You will learn to move through crowds with your strong side to the rear.
You will learn to embrace low, to force your counterpart's arms/hands up, away from your piece.

In short, you will learn.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Congrats!

You will learn not everyone can see the outline of your gun and not every movement flashes it.
You will learn not everyone is pointing at you - "He's got a gun!"
You will learn that the more you wear it, the more comfortable you will be with it. If you have a truly GOOD holster/belt combo, you will hardly notice it.
You will learn to "dress around the gun". Dark colors and patterns are your friend, as are loose-fitting shirts.
You will learn to not tug on the hem of your shirt every 5 minutes to assure yourself you're still concealed.
You will learn to stop constantly adjusting the holster. In fact, if the holster/belt is the proper fit, you won't need to.
You will learn to stop touching the butt with your elbow just to assure yourself that it's still in place.
You will learn to give a little extra clearance on your carry side.
You will learn to reach overhead with your weak-side hand.
You will learn to stoop or kneel rather than bend.
You will learn to move through crowds with your strong side to the rear.
You will learn to embrace low, to force your counterpart's arms/hands up, away from your piece.

In short, you will learn.

That was the one I was guilty of when starting to cc...lol :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts