Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, its time to modify my XD. Nothing that I own is stock, so why should my pistol be? What would be the best bang for the buck mods for it? Would a trigger job be about the only thing that really makes a difference. I have a xd45 service(4") with regular sights and I shoot it just fine. However, the trigger has a long reset and it could be lightened. Any ideas guys?

Zack

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Trigger...DEFINITELY THE TRIGGER. That is the only "gripe" I ever had about any of my XD's is the trigger. I have worked them all over or had them worked over now and am MUCH more pleased with the trigger. Check out Springer's kits if you are comfortable doing the job yourself, or sent it to Springer and have it done. Canyon Creek's trigger jobs (I have one on a tactical) are also amazing!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Best mods for the $$ are the Powder River Precision Overtravel Stop and the Basic Safety Lever kit. $47 to your door and you get a whole new feel to the trigger!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just like anything else, consider what the gun is going to be used for before determining what (if any) mods are to be made.

I'm probably opening a can of worms here so I guess let the flames fly, but.....

***** NOT MY OPINION******
One point that the attorney doing the legal presentation portion of my CCW class brought up is that you don't want to do any mods to your carry weapon, especially trigger work. It gives the prossecution fuel for their fire. It gives them an opportunity to make you look like someone who is a gun nut just looking to shoot someone, you can imagine all the crap a good atorney (so to speak) could conjure up just from someone having a trigger job done on their carry weapon; dangerously altering it from the carefully engineered manufacturer's specifications...... You get the point.
*******NOT MY OPINION*******

Other than that, trigger for sure.

- Kyle

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
If you want ideas for what can be done, visit the Springfield site and checkout the Custom Shop work-order PDF. It lists all they do and can give you an idea of what's possible and at what cost.

RoBar is yet another option for lots of XD goodies. They also have a nice web site you can checkout to get some ideas.

Service and work are both exceptional with these guys there, so you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so about the prp kit, its not a trigger kit per se, but it will make the trigger better? I agree, the only thing I really want done to this gun is a trigger job, and maybe some night sights later on.

Zack

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
so about the prp kit, its not a trigger kit per se, but it will make the trigger better? I agree, the only thing I really want done to this gun is a trigger job, and maybe some night sights later on.

Zack
The Powder River kit will fix all of your complaints about the XD trigger and while you have it apart polish all the friction points. There is very little else you need to do to the trigger.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Now I have been seeing alot on polishing the friction points. Can anyone post a picture showing what said friction points are? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Just like anything else, consider what the gun is going to be used for before determining what (if any) mods are to be made.

I'm probably opening a can of worms here so I guess let the flames fly, but.....

***** NOT MY OPINION******
One point that the attorney doing the legal presentation portion of my CCW class brought up is that you don't want to do any mods to your carry weapon, especially trigger work. It gives the prossecution fuel for their fire. It gives them an opportunity to make you look like someone who is a gun nut just looking to shoot someone, you can imagine all the crap a good atorney (so to speak) could conjure up just from someone having a trigger job done on their carry weapon; dangerously altering it from the carefully engineered manufacturer's specifications...... You get the point.
*******NOT MY OPINION*******

Other than that, trigger for sure.

- Kyle
Here's another thought....

You can bet that if you do something stupid with your weapon or have to actually use it to defend yourself that if they try you, they are going to trace your internet history....think they might do a search of your posts on here and other gun forums? Think this could lead to more "gun nut" claims???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I honestly don't care about all the legal action. I've heard it all before. Bottom line for me is, if you get shot by my gun, then you took some action against me or my family that would have caused me harm. Haven't taken the CCW class yet, but I know if I have to pull my gun in self defense, I know I'll be in the right. Heres a thought: I would rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

Zack

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
I have three xd's and all have the powder river safety lever with easy fit over travel stop. I do that and night sights. Good To Go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts