Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://gainesvilletargetrange.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/October-TacPrac-Scores.pdf

Had one hell of a great time at my first match this past Sunday...I'm for sure hooked on this sport, now!

Made top 10 in a non-divisional, overall match. On paper we all competed with each other, despite Open, Limited, or Production divisions. It's great to see how you match up with the crowd, and I'm happy to say I am smack in the middle :)

Actually, I made top stage points for the entire match: 299pts over five stages. My goal this match was to be accurate, which is what I achieved. Now to keep some accuracy and work on times...

Next match in Daytona...

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
The more you shoot, the faster you will get. Speed comes w/ smooth repetition. Accuracy though, that only comes form good fundementals. So always practice the basics. As an SO, I tell new shooters to go slow & smooth, go for all hits, the speed comes w/ confidence. Now we have to get you into reloading so you can shoot more.:mrgreen:
Now, as exciting as that is, there were only 19 shooters. Still, finishing in the middle on your first outing is very good. Top ten out of 19, ok, top ten out of 65, better, much better. Then do it w/ a single stack 45 shooting major against the 9mm pfffty loads, better still. ;)

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As long as Wally World keeps selling 100rd boxes of Federal 9mm for $20, I'm good :) I would love to learn to reload at some point, though...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts