Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The pocket carried 9mm is where it's at for EDC. I wanted a .22 unit for it, however, and currently, there is none for the Kahr. Twisted Industries makes them for the Keltec and the Ruger. The keltec's trigger guard is too small for gloved use. The Ruger's trigger seriously needs help, but theres YouTube vids and the Galloway parts to help quite a bit.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There's no reason to toss the EDC for shtf, if you've chosen it well. The pocket rig keeps the gun concealed, out of the crud and elements, and out of the way of the backpack and the rifle, while remaining easy to access and easy to carry.

Starting with your hand in your pocket, on the gun, the ccw draw is faster than any belt rig (concealed) Nobody pays any attention to the fact that your hands are in your pockets. :) If you can't see trouble coming in time to put your hand in your pocket, it's unlikely that any sort of rig will save you. You'll need luck, too. You are not aware of it, but you've got lots more practice at putting your hand into your pocket than you've got making ccw belt draws. Think about that a minute, and what it means for reflexive access of the gun.

I was working a bit with a .38 Chief in left front pocket, decided to try it in the right front pocket. I"m left handed at some things, right handed at others. Fast draw has always been a right handed thing for me, with SA revolvers and SA autos, but DA's and longarms., I have always shot left handed. I throw and bat right handed, write, fight, use a pool cue or shovel left handed. Go figure.

Anyway, I was badly startled by a potential very dangerous enemy, after only a very few hours of wearing the .38 in the right front pocket (where I nomally carry change and keys). My hand was on that gun INSTANTLY, but I saw that it was unnecessary to draw it, so I left it there.

For a few smaller leatherlaps, starting with hands at sides, I beat almost everybody for a 5 draw and hit average, 10 ft of distance concealed, on a 10" disk. My average was 1.74. This was enough to beat some of the A class guys, who were for a change being "real" and ccwing under a t shirt and IWB.

You can get a shot timer app for your smart phone. it can be adjusted to work with Airsoft. See if your average draw and hit time is enough faster than that (concealed, hands at sides) from under a T shirt, to beat my pocket draw. If I start hand in pocket, the average is around .75 second. My draw times( from under a T shirt, IWB rig) hover just a hair under 1.0 second.

The 1/4 second difference in speed, hand in pocket vs IWB rig, is time enough to traverse over and hit another enemy, at the 10 ft distance. So it's significant. The full second faster difference, if I start hand in pocket, vs most people IWB, is time enough to do a mozambique on both of them. :) Or it is time enough to get a chest hit on another 4 guys, (total of 6) As the Tennessee gang assault showed, such speed is occasionally useful.

When you've got 2 dead and 4 in the hospital, you've got enough of them snitching to get plenty of others who were involved (also snitching) So, if you've got the political will, the entire bunch can be locked up for a while, given a felony history, etc. They will reveal lots of other criminal activity at the same time, too, count on that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts