Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Im not a big fan of IWB. Im used to carrying a G30 OWB. I just don't see being able to conceal the 4" XD OWB very easy. Im a jeans & tshirt kind of person. I'm looking for some ideas on IWB for my 4".

I fiddled with a CTAC at the store. I don't like the idea of all the stiff Kydex IWB. It don't look too comfortable. I was thinking maybe a Milt Sparks Watch Six. Any others??

·
Registered
381 Posts
I carry a XD-9 SC in a DeSantis "Tuck This" deep conceal holster. I can wear jeans and a t-shirt and no one can tell. I can also tuck the shirt and conceal. And I'm 6'2 and only 190 lbs. And the Tuck this is the only one I've seen that carries a spare mag with the holster. Plus it's ambi (I'm a southpaw). And I can swithc from strong, to cross, to SOB as I need.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I got an Uncle Mikes #15 to make sure I wanted to carry IWB. Once I decided that I did, I got a FIST #1, and I love it.

·
Registered
725 Posts
SLCDave said:
I got an Uncle Mikes #15 to make sure I wanted to carry IWB. Once I decided that I did, I got a FIST #1, and I love it.

im looking at fist 17A

my question to you is how thick are those leather holsters
i have a pic of my current padded nylon POS in my pic page in my sig below. i would like to go leather... but if its too think ill go kydex

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went to the local shop here in Houston looking for an "Answer". They did not have one for my 4" XD. But a Texas Heritage they did have caught my eye. I bought it. Too bad they did not have one for my G30 too. So far, so good....thumbs up.

·
Registered
176 Posts
While have tried numerous other IWB's, have always gone back to Lou Alessi's "Talon+" or "Watch-Six Dual Talon".
The W6DT spreads the weight out further along the belt and over a much larger "foot-print" on one's side while the Talon+ is very convenient and easily moved to accommodate in & out of a car or for use with a very thin belt like the Wilderness, etc.

Alessi's "Hideout" carries the weight even more comfortably.

FWIW have CCW'd a bulky H&K USP40 full-size easily with his Talon+.

·
Registered
196 Posts
From another post of mine....

blkhawk303 said:
FYI - I use and love my $35 "Hidden Ally" Highnoon Holster. It's tuckable, comfortable and holds my XD-9SC perfectly and snugly. Only thing is that it does not have an adjustable cant (straight drop cant) but that does not bother me. I wear mine in about the 4:00 position as to not stick out off my hip too far.

FYI - I am 205 & 6' tall so I'm not super thin or large - average build w/ a little bit of a gut (hey, who doesn't except [TASF]Overkill? :lol:) and the concealment is great. Since I got my CCW last month - I've yet to have anyone notice it. I'll post pics when I can or if you want, I can send you some pics. Just let me know.

Regards,
As promised, here are the pics of my "Hidden Ally". Click the pic for a larger picture.

P.S. Here is my XD9SC in the Highnoon holster - along w/ my XD40 4" in my Cendex Taylor Nighthawk holster & Kershaw Blur!

I use this holster for both my 4" and 3" XD's but the pic shows me w/ the sub.

·
Registered
167 Posts
RockinAR -

If you like that Hidden Ally holster as pictured above, I have one, like new and will sell it to you. (I got one as a gift.... don't need two.)

Let me know - I'm selling it cheap.

Bryan
[email protected]

·
Registered
181 Posts
I use a Watch 6 for my Kahr K40 and am waiting for one for my Glock G36. If and when I decide to carry my XD it will also be carried in the Watch 6. I use the straps though not the kydex that comes on the Talon.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I don't think Lou has been able to build much in the way of stock since 9-11.

Best to contact him directly. His Email is:

[email protected]

Don't know what the current wait time is running but his leather is absolutely worth it. You'd be very hard pressed to find a nicer and more professional guy to deal with.

LA Sports might have some in stock or have what you want on order?

http://www.lightningarms.com/products.htm

·
Registered
72 Posts
stealthsniper said:
Where can one buy the Lou Alessi rigs? Google didn't turn up any vendors.
The distributor for Alessi's holsters is R & F Holsters in Rochester NY.

Here's the URL.

http://www.rfholsters.com/

I own Alessi Talon IWB holsters for my XD SC and for my Kel-Tec P-11. Absolutely no problem with either holster.

Usual disclaimer: No financial interest in either company,

Lou

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just got my "Answer" in from Pistol-Gear (another great experience with them) and I love it. It tucks and conceals far better than I expected. After some more serious wear-time I'll give another 2-cents. As of now I'd recommend it highly.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Cntryboy79 said:
Just got my "Answer" in from Pistol-Gear (another great experience with them) and I love it. It tucks and conceals far better than I expected. After some more serious wear-time I'll give another 2-cents. As of now I'd recommend it highly.
Do be sure to. I'd be interested in your thoughts and opinions on it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts