Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only shot about 100 rounds thru it, so i'm still in the break in stage. I'm going to shoot the Tuesday night steel match tomorrow. I usually shoot it with my H&K 9mm, but since i'm going to shoot IDPA with the XD, I thought I would try it out a few nights on the steel plates.

Anyone care to comment on their IPSC experience with the XD? If not, i'll be posting my report when i'm done.

Tank

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I started in IPSC using my HK P2k, but w/ teh DAO trigger, I wasn't anywhere near competetive on time even though my marksmanship was pretty good. I switched to my XD tactical and it took a little getting used to the different feel of the gun, but my speed has come up significantly and the gun tracks very nice shot to shot, esp on the move. Still using factory sights for now, and still on the untouched factory trigger. Bobert and I were tied for 3rd in production C at our local club last time I checked.

·
Premium Member
5,749 Posts
It'll run just fine. I prefer 180gr FMJ ammo. Shoots nice and soft. Even softer if you load up some minor PF bunny fart loads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts