Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't consider myself a great shot and have had no formal training or lessons. I purchased the XDM 40 for home defense and the size was such that both my wife and I would both be comfortable handling it. I think it offers great versatility with the backstrap and magazine options. My previous experience was with a Taurus pt101 .40 and a Ruger Mark III (which I love).
I always wondered if the Taurus was the reason I could only get 4-5 inch groups or it was just me. I am delighted to say that the new XDM appears to be a whole different level of pistol than my Taurus. With no experience with a double action only trigger, I can say it feels very different but its very easy to control and will get better with practice.

Here are my results for 10 shots after shooting around 30 rounds to get the feel of the gun. These are at 7 yards (picture states 5 yds incorrectly) with cheap Winchester White Box 165 gr rounds.
I have a lot of sight picture, double action trigger practice to do but I can honestly say that when I miss the target... its me and not this gun. When I did things right, the hole appeared right where it was supposed to. When I did not, the pistol responded appropriately and the stray bullet made perfect sense. I am thrilled with this gun.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Great start..nice shooting! I'd say you're going to be well prepared for the ZA (Zombie Apocalypse)..should it come near you:mrgreen:

·
Registered
763 Posts
Nice shooting dude.....it only gets better. I have not heard any one say their shooting got worse from shooting an XDM. So more rounds the better!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts