Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went and shot my first IDPA tournament at my local gun range. I had a great time and plan to do it every week from now on. The thing is I received the scores from that match, and there was one other person in my pistol class and he was ranked sharpshooter. He definitely did better than me, but I would like to know how my score ranks with people who are new to match shooting like I am. My match score ended up being:
Match --Penalties--
Score
ACM 6-8-2011

Match Score: PD NT PE FN: Stage 1 Stage 2 Stage 3
85.07 10 0 0 0 33.76 (5) 34.69 (4) 16.62 (1)
Is that good? bad? decent?

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
There is no way to tell. We would need to either see the stages or better yet the other peoples scores to compare. It looks like your accurate. From the times given they were either really long stages or you just took your time.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Like VR4 said, it is impossible to tell just based on the information given. With the infinite possibilities of stage design and round count there is no way to know. The only way a comparison could be made is if you had shot the classifier where we all shoot the same stages.

Glad you had a good time and welcome to the sport. It is a lot of fun.

OK, I found the posted scores for your match. The other guy in ESP outshot everyone by quite a bit so even though he is listed Sharpshooter my guess is he is above that level. So in that regard don't compare yourself to him. If I counted right you ended up 11th out of 18. With that and how your score compared to the others I would say you did very well for your first time out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks cats and vr4. I'm not really worried about the score, because i had a great time.This was just purely out of curiosity.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Not a problem. If you practice you will find yourself climbing the latter so to speak.

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Dry fire improves without a shot fired. Practice slow perfect draw to sight picture. Mag changes and shooting while moving.
This can all be done in the basement and results will show the next time at the range/IDPA.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Dry fire improves without a shot fired. Practice slow perfect draw to sight picture. Mag changes and shooting while moving.
This can all be done in the basement and results will show the next time at the range/IDPA.
Completely agree. Practice your dry fire(Strong/weak/both hands), your tac and slide lock reloads, malfunctions, and firing while moving.

·
Premium Member
127,151 Posts
The person I compete with at IDPA is...me. I am constanly trying to improve my overall performance. There are always those who shoot better than I do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts