Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot my first IDPA match with this gun tonite.
Been shooting IDPA for a couple of years now, but normally shoot an XD .45.

I just got a new XD-M 9mm bi-tone about 10 days ago.
Scott at Springer Precision did his combat/carry trigger & installed Dawson sights, extended mag release and a solid SS guide rod.
Of course, I had the barrel, feedramp & GR polished before I ever shot the gun.

I'm still new to this gun and shot 300 rounds through it in the last week.

Tonite it went to it's first IDPA match, where I finished second in the overall scoring.
Scores here:
IDPA NOV 11,2008 Match
The guy that beat me is classified as Sharpshooter, but is actually shooting at a solid expert level. He regularly outshoots expert class shooters in IDPA & needs to reclassify.
He shoots a custom built Caspian 1911 9mm and is very much in tune with it.

I was very happy with the way the gun performed. Improved accuracy was noticeable over ALL the other XD's I've owned and this one is number 11.8)
Considering the fact that I felt a bit mechanical and slow while still getting used to this gun, I must say that I am extremely happy with it!
It is my new IDPA gun for sure.

I've been carrying it for the last 10 days (while my .45 is in the shop) and it carries very nicely in the crossbreed supertuck.

The springer trigger is just the ticket for the XD-M. Very nice.
Follow up shots are fast with this gun.

Those of you who've pondered getting an XD-M, I'd say- go for it!:grin:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Lets see some pics of that bad boy.
+1 - I would love to see some pics of those Dawson on the XDM! Can you give us some details on how the Springer combat/carry trigger feels? Maybe this info is available somewhere else on this forum but I'm feeling lazy.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll have to see if I can get some pics.

The Springer trigger makes all the difference.
The stock trigger isn't great, but will no doubt get a bit smoother after some use.

The Springer trigger reduces the pre-travel, overtravel and the reset while providing a lighter (but not too light) pull. The polished sear makes the pull smoother too.
Breaks nicely with very little creep.
It's truly real close to a good 1911 trigger.:grin:

Scott has built several XD's for me and I'm spoiled on his trigger work.
It allows me to shoot faster and more accurately than I can with the stock trigger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts