Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fired my XD 40 today for the first time. It was sweet. I only shot 50 rounds cause my friend was cheap and only wanted to stay for 30 minutes. I’m really happy with the gun. This is my second .40 cal. The first was a Beretta 9000s, which had way more recoil than the XD, granted it was a compact. The 9000s was hard to keep on the paper at 10 yrds. The XD out of the box was shooting silver dollar groups at the same distance. And I’m very inexperienced shooter. I bet you guys who have been shooting a while are very happy with its out-of-the-box accuracy. I just need a few hours and couple hundred rounds to really enjoy it. The guy next to me was shooting a sig P229 9 at 25 feet and had nickel groups. With practice, I don’t think that is out of the question with my XD. Can’t wait to get back out there and fine tune my shooting.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Glad to hear you enjoy your's. I love mine and I've only put about 60 rounds thru it. The recoil is def. different on this .40 than it is on my dad's Glock 23 .40 which is the same size exactly. I like the XD alot better.
I will be putting mine on paper tomorrow and probably put another 50 rounds thru it then.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
The out of the box accuracy is what is makin me addicted to the XD line.
I will keep buying more of em until I find a very good reason not to.
It is very hard to take a brand new weapon, open it, load it, and be hittin small groups...the very first time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts