Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell me if this counts as a failure to feed. Slide locked open on round number 6 of 11.

Ok, here is the skinny. XD service BITone 40caliber, shooting 180 grain fmj winchester.

First mitigating factor, I was using an aftermarket 12 round mag. I am not to sure about this mag because I cannot get the 12th round in (and I have two of them). I have two factory twelve round mags and they were a pain, but they got better. These new mags loaded to round 11 just fine, and 12 just wont go. (yes I left the mags loaded for a week).

So I pull trigger, round number 5 goes down range, slide locks open. I stopped, looked at it pulled back slide and round 6 did not want to go. I tried again and this time it feed and went down range on command.

I switched to a factory mag and no problems. I switched back and no problems. Weird huh?

PS this was probally round # 300 or so through my new XD.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Maybe....

It could be the mags... Did the round move out of the magazine at all onto the feedramp? If not, you may have bumped the slide release and actually locked the slide back.

Or, it could be due to the mag. If its not occuring with factory mags, I'd just say it was a fluke

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Nothing and no one is perfect. I say keep shooting and see what happens later on down the road. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
As stated above, keep your fingers away from the slide stop.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TCD said:
Maybe....

It could be the mags... Did the round move out of the magazine at all onto the feedramp? If not, you may have bumped the slide release and actually locked the slide back.

Or, it could be due to the mag. If its not occuring with factory mags, I'd just say it was a fluke
It is very possible that I did that. I am not sure. The fact that it did not happen after that makes me think I might have.

Anyone know the secret to getting round twelve in the mags? Should I get one of those thumb loaders?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah, I needed mag loaders for my 12 rounders for the first few cycles...

I can get them all in now with my thumb without much effort.

·
Registered
96 Posts
my guess would be the new magazines.. the tight spring could cause a feeding problem.. should work itself out, just play with the mags one day load and unload it will help work the spring

·
Registered
50 Posts
Are they ProMag magazines, by any chance? I had numerous FTFs with those pieces of crap. None whatsoever with factory mags.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alpo said:
Are they ProMag magazines, by any chance? I had numerous FTFs with those pieces of crap. None whatsoever with factory mags.
Ding, ding, ding, ding! Winner! ProMag mags that I got from Academy sports. 12 round mags for $18. My carry mags will be my two factory mags.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts