Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to admit it. My XD9 is a lot more fun to shoot than my Glock 17. Let me start by saying that I'm a Glock guy. I've always liked the way a Glock looks and feels in my hand. But I decided to branch out and try something new. I went with a XD9 5" Tactical model. It shoots like a dream. Stock trigger much better than my Glocks.
I shot around 175 rounds today with just a few hickups, and they were due to the ammo.
50 rounds Winchester 124 gr NATO - flawless
50 rounds Federal 115 gr - flawless
25 rounds Federal 124 gr HST +P - flawless
50 rounds of my personal handloads. - 1 stovepipe and 3-4 failures of the slide to lock at empty. I was loading 5 rounds per magazine. These were due to the loads being so weak. I have them loaded down low for plinking with my Ruger LC9. They are about as low as you can go and still have the gun function reliably. They function in my Glock 17, barely, and its broken in.

So all in all, I am VERY SATISFIED with my purchase. I'll never get rid of all my Glocks (17, 19, 26) but I may sell one or two to buy another XD. This time I want to try a XD45 Tactical.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Congrats! on your new XD, nice to know that you're VERY SATISFIED with your new baby, even though you did'nt get those freebies!:p safe shooting!

·
Premium Member
23,636 Posts
u will soon leave the glockside, xd really hard to beat

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I was a little nervous after your last thread that you were going to be negatively biased toward the XD. I'm glad you like it. Both Glocks and XD's are fine firearms and it's stupid to suggest that one is better than another. Different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was a little nervous after your last thread that you were going to be negatively biased toward the XD. I'm glad you like it. Both Glocks and XD's are fine firearms and it's stupid to suggest that one is better than another. Different strokes for different folks.
The promotion and shooting the guns are two separate things. I've always believed that XD's were excellent pistols, just happen to have gone with the Glocks first. Eventually I'll make my way to M&P's also. How else will you know what you like if you don't try them out.

And fyi, the jury is still out on how I feel about SA as a company. If I get the free magazines it will go a long way towards changing my mind. :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts