Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got my new baby yesterday and put 200 rounds through it and it shot great. Im still perfecting my stance and grip but i was pulling off 2-2.5 inch groups at 7 yards and using blazer FMJ.

I did not have a single FTF or FTE and it was amazing to finally get to shoot my own weapon and bring it home :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

AND i am going to use it in the police academy as well

Cadet Wilson

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
man just looking at the guns on the wall and in the case compared to whats available in other states it sucks man. I want to have an original AK-47 just because of the collectability....

But we gotta love those democrats right?

Oh well

Cadet Wilson

·
Registered
63 Posts
Awesome gun, Wildman. The 4" .40 XD is one of my favorite guns to shoot. When I first got it, I didn't think I was going to like as much as the 5". But once I got used to it, it feels like it points faster and doesn't recoil a bit more with the same ammo. Great all around sidearm for carry, competition and just enjoying shooting. Good choice !

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great choice of weapon. I carry mine every day on duty with my XD40SC on my ankle. Get used to it and listen to EVERYTHING your firearms instructors teach you. A lot of it will seem minor, but the things I learned in the academy about gun control, retention of your weapon and gun safety have come in play multiple times on the street as a new officer. Stay safe out there and remember to train like you'll fight, someday that weapon will likely save your life or someone elses.

If you're looking for a duty holster, I'd suggest the Safariland line. Mine has held up very well over the last 2 years.

TMMR03

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went out for my second trip with my new baby and put another hundred rounds through it......

Using blazer 180 FMJ i was able to keep groupings fairly tight , around 3-3.5 inches with a few fliers..... but i still have a lot of work to do

Any suggestions on better practice ammo? Looking for budget minded ammo

Cadet Wilson

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts