Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe I never had an AR before now. It took the impending election to get me to get off my butt and get one.

Anyway, it started as a CMMG stripped lower and LPK, which I put together with relative ease after I sacrificed the first take down detent and spring to the AR Building Gods. I added an Ergo grip and an ambi selector to the mix (I'm a lefty).

The upper is also from CMMG, no frills or upgrades though.

At some point I will add a quad rail, VFG, a light, and I'm looking at BUIS options. I'm thinking about the RRA Dominator mount.

I just got back from the range, and it shoots pretty nice. My first three shots made a very small clover leaf shape (I was only shooting at 25 yards though). At 50 yards I could still get a couple of groups of 3 to touch. For some reason I can't get more than 3 rounds to touch, but oh well.

I bought it for home defense so the accuracy was not all that big of a deal to me in my purchasing decision, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Here's the pics so I don't get banned. :)

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a right handed Ergo. I actually meant to order the ambi version, but didn't. Turns out it still fits my left hand pretty well other than the thumbrest. I'm going to leave on there in case my wife ever has to use it.

I got the Eotech from Opticsplanet via eBay. $399 shipped.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Nice job man. Good looking setup. I'm only into a lower at this point, I've got to decide exactly what kind of upper to slam in.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Nice EBR! :cool:

I would love an eotech on one of mine. I am only running irons.

Ammo!

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Nice job! It looks great. I have a lower I need to finish off myself. Right now I'm glad I least have the lower....who knows what will happen after later today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts