Registered
5,752 Posts
looks good. how does it shoot?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks good. how does it shoot?
I just went put 40 rounds thru it. very nice. no recoil at all, very loud, the muzzle break did a good job of keeping the flash down. you could definitely feel the pressure from the bullet leaving that short barrel if you shot it off of the hip. overall alot of fun. cant wait to get some more ammo to really test it out.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
What is to keep someone from slapping a buttstock and VFG on one of those? I mean, other than prison time and such. I can totally see some jackass with a silenced AR pistol attaching a collapsible stock and robbing a bank or something stupid like that, and in the process ruining the AR pistol for everyone else that likes them and uses them as intended.

·
Registered
57 Posts
well, for starters, you'd need a new buffer tube and buffer since that one is too short to attach a stock to... where would you attach the VFG? mag well works just as good..

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
What is to keep someone from slapping a buttstock and VFG on one of those? I mean, other than prison time and such. I can totally see some jackass with a silenced AR pistol attaching a collapsible stock and robbing a bank or something stupid like that, and in the process ruining the AR pistol for everyone else that likes them and uses them as intended.

is this a serious question? :-?

How can you really stop anyone from taking something legal and turning it into something illegal and then use the now illegal item for illegal purposes?:roll:

If your a criminal you dont care about the law.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Thanks for adding that Scotty. All I can say to that is:
+1

And diat150, that looks pretty sweet. My SBR started out as a pistol too. They're lots of fun.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went put another 80 rounds thru it and it has worked flawlessly. I was kind of worried about the old gunsmoke enterprises buffer tube but apparently it works. I had read that they were hit and miss. either way it is literally a blast to shoot. its so easy to handle and move around.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
is this a serious question? :-?

How can you really stop anyone from taking something legal and turning it into something illegal and then use the now illegal item for illegal purposes?:roll:

If your a criminal you dont care about the law.

Well I apologize for not being real clear on my question. What I was getting at was are there different threads for the AR Pistol receivers and buffer tubes to prevent these things or are all the parts interchangeable? I've seen some lowers marked as 'Pistol' and wondered if there were slight differences between that and the run of the mill AR lower. Judging by the responses I'd say no, but thanks for answering my question in a roundabout way.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Well I apologize for not being real clear on my question. What I was getting at was are there different threads for the AR Pistol receivers and buffer tubes to prevent these things or are all the parts interchangeable? I've seen some lowers marked as 'Pistol' and wondered if there were slight differences between that and the run of the mill AR lower. Judging by the responses I'd say no, but thanks for answering my question in a roundabout way.
nope they are exactly the same

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
What I was getting at was are there different threads for the AR Pistol receivers and buffer tubes to prevent these things or are all the parts interchangeable?
The threads on the recievers are the same.

Pistol buffer tubes however are different. And, even though many of them look similiar to a collapsible buffer tube, they won't accept a stock of any kind.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Ok, I just watched a youtube vid and daaaammn!!! I really didn't think it was all that cool.

YouTube - AR-15 Pistol Test

Now I want one. Do you need a CIII stamp or anything? If not what is the difference between an SBR and a AR Pistol. It didn't look like much to me. The guy could handle it pretty well without a stock.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Ok, I just watched a youtube vid and daaaammn!!! I really didn't think it was all that cool.

YouTube - AR-15 Pistol Test

Now I want one. Do you need a CIII stamp or anything? If not what is the difference between an SBR and a AR Pistol. It didn't look like much to me. The guy could handle it pretty well without a stock.
AR pistols don't require a tax stamp. Just have to be 21 or older like any other pistol. SBR's do require a tax stamp.

Here's the difference between the pistol video that was linked on an SBR AR about the 20 second mark. The only difference is the buttstock, front grip (both no-no's on a pistol), 200 extra dollars to spend for the tax and better weapon control and of course much more comfortable to wield.

YouTube - Widow Maker MP5 suppressor

1 - 14 of 14 Posts