Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to picking up an AR. I was going to build one myself but Rock River Arms is having a pretty good sale on a rifle that has many of the options I was going to put together on my own.
Here is their ad;
Rock River Arms: NEW! RRA LAR-15 Tactical Operator2
So far everything is still stock, but I will likely be upgrading certain parts soon.

Ergonomic rubber grip.
"Tactical" carry handle has a rail on top that allows you to "co-witness" with the iron sights if you have optics on.
Large trigger guard allows for shooting with gloves.

Chromed bolt assembly and barrel

Little blurry, but the raised safety makes it very easy to flip it on and off quickly.

Carbine length rails and flip-up front sight.

"Tactical" muzzle break.

6 position stock with cheek weld. There is also a battery compartment in the buttstock (next pic)

Battery compartment in butstock holds 3 CR123 batteries or 2 AA batteries in each hole.

I hope to pick up some rail covers soon, thinking about the angled forgrip and optics as well.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Nice rifle! I like the flash supressor and the carry handle a ton! The rail looks really good too. Good luck and have fun. Its always fun to shoot ARs.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have one on order myself. Really looking forward to it's arrival.

My local gunshop ordered 3 and was told it would be 30-60 days. It ended up being over 90.
How long has yours been on order?
Also, which rear sight did you go with? I'm still going back and forth about which one was the better option.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
My local gunshop ordered 3 and was told it would be 30-60 days. It ended up being over 90.
How long has yours been on order?
Also, which rear sight did you go with? I'm still going back and forth about which one was the better option.
Mine was ordered May 12th. I hope it's within the next two weeks. Be cool if it was July 4th week. :cool:

It's coming with the EOtech mount. I ordered the ARMS #40L flip-up rear sight to replace the EOtech. I'll want to put optics on it, and I want the ability to get the sights out of the way. Further, if I did end up getting an EOtech, I'll have the sight already. Best of both worlds kind of thing.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Beautiful rifle and good choice in manufacturer!! I love my RRA

·
Registered
892 Posts
congrats, on the rifle. very nice.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
She looks great...Congrats on the new AR...:)

·
Registered
744 Posts
I have a "tactical" carry handle as well on my RRA.

I have no idea what numbnuts designed the thing, as there's no way to get anything to co-witness with it. The aimpoint mount they show in pictures isn't made anymore and hasn't been for ages.

·
Registered
791 Posts
looks alot better than my LAR-15, i feel rock river changes their stuff up every 5 seconds, but very nice rifle...wish mine had a chrome BCG

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got mine about 3 weeks ago. it took 64 days to get it in. It is a sweet shooting gun!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Nice gun
I miss my AR's..... stupid Europe.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a "tactical" carry handle as well on my RRA.

I have no idea what numbnuts designed the thing, as there's no way to get anything to co-witness with it. The aimpoint mount they show in pictures isn't made anymore and hasn't been for ages.
I'm probably only going to keep it until I get optics on it. I probably will never co-witness with my optics, but i'll probably get a flip up rear so I have some irons on there as back up.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I'm probably only going to keep it until I get optics on it. I probably will never co-witness with my optics, but i'll probably get a flip up rear so I have some irons on there as back up.
Yea, if the company ever ships my stuff I ordered a month ago...

I'll be running troy flip ups front and rear with a co-witnessed aimpoint.

You're lucky enough to already have a flip up front sight, so that's half the battle. Is really a shame about the design of the tactical carry handle though, as if the proper mounts were still around that'd make for a very slick set up, IMO. I spent a few months trying to get that ultra low ring for my comp M2, without luck.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have the Elite Operator on order as well....I can't wait! I'm going with the Eotech dominator rear....

Hopefully it will be here soon.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Whats with the Mags, my Stag came with a Mag like thoes??? are the used surplus???

Those are the standard metal mags. I believe most ARs come with that type. They are new production, but they same type as the GI issue.
You have to buy the good stuff (PMags) seperate.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Those are the standard metal mags. I believe most ARs come with that type. They are new production, but they same type as the GI issue.
You have to buy the good stuff (PMags) seperate.
for $10.00 you can make 3 GI mags just as good as 1 PMAG.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts