Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally bit the bullet and purchased a stripped AR lower a few months back. a S&W M&P 15. paid 150 out the door for it. I want to build a flat top style M16A4 clone (how about an AR 15 with a 20" upper, flash hider, bayo lug, and detachable carry handle, and NO rail system. lol)

well i went and bought a parts kit today and just put the lower togther (minus the stock which is going to be the A2 style). I was cussing Eugene Stoner the whole time as small springs and pins where flying all over my office lol :mrgreen: all in all it took about 30 minutes. had to go to the garage to get a few tools, one of the springs was messed up and had to fix that.

they are alot easier to build than an AK, a helluva alot less tools involved i think i used a brass hammer, brass punch, needle noes pliers and a flat head screw driver to screw in the allen key for the pistol grip.

now the hardest and longest part is to get the money for and find a 20" upper lol

·
Premium Member
4,842 Posts
Congrats and Good Luck. Welcome to the BRD.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol i just hope its not as addicting as building AK's It started out with one kit, and ended up with 9 AK's lol :mrgreen:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts