Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picking up a Saiga 7.62x39, already converted by classicarms.us for $410. Looks to be a good deal, considering they go for $499 on the site (albeit with quite a few accessories). So I think I got a good deal......?

Anyone have prior expirence with Saigas already converted? (i.e. the quality of the build, etc?) Saw this http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/ak-47-talk/86263-anybody-wanting-saiga-ak.html#post1371506
and It made me wonder.....

·
Registered
17,663 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
I picked up a Saiga this weekend at the gunshow. I want to convert it myself so that I can pick my furniture and so that I'll be forced to get familiar with the inner workings of the AK.

My first and only thought to you -- if you leave near an Academy Sports, go buy as much 7.62x39 as you can. They are currently running a 2.99 per box of 20 deal.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I picked up a Saiga this weekend at the gunshow. I want to convert it myself so that I can pick my furniture and so that I'll be forced to get familiar with the inner workings of the AK.

My first and only thought to you -- if you leave near an Academy Sports, go buy as much 7.62x39 as you can. They are currently running a 2.99 per box of 20 deal.
Yeah, I've had my eye on that since I recently bought an Norinco SKS as well..but no Academy Sports around me here in Virginia :-(

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
This is exactly why I built from a kit (and also low cost). It truly amazes me how little 'inner workings' there actually are. It is a very very simple rifle - absolutely ingenius design! No wonder it is so reliable.

·
Registered
16 Posts

I heard they have these on sale because they made a mistake on their order.

·
Banned
8,566 Posts
Sounds like one heck of a deal

Pics or yer lyin!

They are selling some here for $384, but they are out
AR15Pro.com: RAA, Saiga Carbine, <span id="ctl00_Content2_lblVendDet
you can get the .223 version at centerfiresystems for the low low price of $319

i am ordering one this week.

new version with Saiga .223 Rifle with Thumbhole Stock

$299 for montecarlo stock. Saiga .223 Rifle

would anybody out there in ak land buy the thumbhole stock for $40 i saw on a few website like krebs and DPS that the thumbhole stock is like $65 new.

i want to put an ace 6 position, and maybe a 6 postion folder , not sure.

no one will want the monte carlo stock, that will go in my gun junk pile. But can i expect someone would want the thumb hole ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts