Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just reeled in my first 9mm. A Glock 26 Gen4. Is sweet, I like! Does feel different from my XD's, but not something that I dislike, just different.
Gonna get her cleaned and lubed up, add at least 1 Pearce grip +2 extentions for range duty, and get the back strap size figured out to what feels best. Range report to come.
So I guess that makes me a "Double Agent" now??

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
I suppose since youve given me advice on my posts, I will forgive you for buying a glock! over time you will fade back to the xd though :) ( bites tongue being careful not to be a glock racist)

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
The G26 is a nice little package.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Glock 26 is a nice pistol even if I'm not a big fan of the grip angle and the shape of the trigger guard. The grip angle I couldn't do anything about, but the trigger guard I rounded off in the front. Now it fits into holsters I already own. Only reason I bought it was because a friend was selling it and it was like new and the price was very very reasonable.That and I needed a reliable beater gun.:D

·
Registered
895 Posts
i gave the g26 a try
it was a beautiful simplistic pistol
traded it however because every range visit i got feed or ejection jams
let several people try the gun with the same results
i don't think there was anything mechanically wrong with it
just every 50 rounds or so i'd get a few jams
to me this deemed the gun non-carryable and i traded it
maybe i should have sent it back to glock for an evaluation but i didn't like the feel of it enough.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I used to have an XD-9SC and XD-45 and tradeded them for my current XD-9 Service. The SC was simply too blocky and tall for a sub-compact CC firearm. IMHO, the Glock sub-compacts and compacts are just about perfect... the right size and weight for concealed carry. The XD does make a great range and OC gun though.

That being said, I think I'm about to defect to Glock for good. I picked up a G30 a little while ago and love it. I'm now getting ready to trade my XD-9 Service for a Glock 19. The XD is simply too big for CC.

I never had a bit of trouble with any of my XDs.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Range report:

5 yards

10 yards

15 yards rapid fire

A quick 100 rounds down range. No FT anything. This thing rocks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts