Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a great gift from my son! Took the rosewood handles off, installed the rubber wrap around grip and hit the range. Wow! Now I know what everyone loves about the 1911 - I shoot this pistol better out the box than my competition stock 5.25.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
Congratulations on the gun and the son. As for the 1911, they travel in packs. Start saving now.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congratulations on the gun and the son. As for the 1911, they travel in packs. Start saving now.
Thanks unclejed. He is a wonderful young man and makes me very proud. I'm hooked on the 1911 and really don't want to shoot this one too often. I'm thinking of picking up a Range officer soon...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice colt. I'm guessing that's the west point presentation pistol. Is your son a grad from there?
Yes on both points. This colt is the more durable version of the class pistols. The other is a blued, gold leaf and highly engraved beauty with ivory handles. My son got one of those for himself, but it is also in my safe while he is TDY prior to his first post.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
That's a safe queen for sure.

The Range Officer will treat you right.

That Colt makes the web of my hand hurt just looking at it :-D

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Nice! Even better than the pistol is the accomplishment of graduation from a service academy! Congratulations to you and your son on the achievement.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys. We did the best we could, but credit for any of our apparent successes truly goes to the Giver of all Good gifts from above...

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Nice gun, congratulations on both the gun and the son who presented it to you.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Nice gun, congratulations on both the gun and the son who presented it to you.

This! Nice gun, you should be proud of your son!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Congrats on the gun and double congrats on the son. Have you considered a clear Cerakote for the gun?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts