Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:?: Any one shoot the range officer? Cabelas has it to day w/cocobolo grips & a 7 round mag. for $800.00 is this a good price? There is no way to shoot it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Decent price. Found one for a little less on GunsAmerica and GunBroker, but when you factor in shipping and FFL transfer its probably about the same.

It's getting good reviews on the 1911 forums. Go for it!

·
Registered
7,687 Posts

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
I agree.

I love my Springer 1911, but if the Ruger had been around at that price...I probably would have bought it without question.

Its a great piece for the money.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Cabela's is also offering 1 year 0% interest on their credit card on all Springfields including the RO it was in the latest flyer. I could sware it listed the RO at $700 because I saw it and wanted to run imediatly to Cabela's and get one.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I say either the Ruger or an RIA...

If you can't pay cash for it, don't buy it...;)

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
I say either the Ruger or an RIA...

If you can't pay cash for it, don't buy it...;)
+1

The range officer looks nice.

I went for a NM ser # loaded model. :D

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
The Range Officer is my next Springfield 1911 no doubt about it.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
$800 is definitely on the high side, esp. After taxes. Take a look at Bud's Gun Shop if you can find an FFL
Definitely a great handgun

·
Registered
20 Posts
You can probably do better than $800. Keep in mind, the RO has target sights and a single safety as opposed to combat sights and an ambi safety that seems to be popular with a lot of people right now. The RO vs SR1911 wouldn't be an accurate comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
The $800 is a little on the high side. They are however very nice shooting 1911.
You can do better on the price.
If you want a range/target gun they are a good choice.
If you are wanting more of a combat style 1911 then the SA Loaded if you are wanting a Springfield.
Or the Ruger.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I have shot the RO and fell in love it right away, it will be the next gun in my safe and my first 1911 when i can gather up some funds. I saw one up in WI last weekend at a mom and pop gun store for 795. Im sure you can find one but im all for buying it local to help the small guys out!

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
the Remington R1 is only $669.99 at GM. I bought one and was impressed by how large the sights were/are. You can get an "Enhanced" model with the skeletonized trigger and "better" sites or buy the Centinial, if you happen to have $2200 laying around you don't need.;)
My basic R1 is very accurate and "tight". Probably the best buy I ever made!:D Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Can the target sights come off and put on combat sights?
My suggestion if you want to do that is to check out a "Loaded" model. Pretty close in price and features and you get Combat Night Sights in stead of adjustables like you want.

Springfield Standard 1911 Pistol - 1911Pistols.com

To the OP; FWIW, I love the RO and hope to have one in my stable. Locally the cheapest I've seen the RO going for is $759. As for the Ruger, I've seen it going for $659. For me and my tastes, I would drop the extra $100 and pick up the RO. But like I said that's just me. Good luck. It's a tough choice!!!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
My suggestion if you want to do that is to check out a "Loaded" model. Pretty close in price and features and you get Combat Night Sights in stead of adjustables like you want.

Springfield Standard 1911 Pistol - 1911Pistols.com

To the OP; FWIW, I love the RO and hope to have one in my stable. Locally the cheapest I've seen the RO going for is $759. As for the Ruger, I've seen it going for $659. For me and my tastes, I would drop the extra $100 and pick up the RO. But like I said that's just me. Good luck. It's a tough choice!!!
From my understanding, the RO is fitted much better than the Loaded. This is only what I hear because I still haven't been able to get my hands on a RO. Some say that the RO is nearly as good as the TRP minus some of the features. If that's anywhere near true, the RO is a much better choice IMO as the TRPs I've shot were some of the nicest production guns I've seen. This is all assuming it will be mostly a casual range toy as I don't know what anyone plans to use it for, but if they are looking for a RO at all I doubt it's going to be a dedicated carry weapon.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I purchased the RO directly from Springfield Armory for $704. Cost another $15 for FFL transfer. It is a sharp looking pistol and feels great in my hands, I can't wait to get it out to the range this weekend.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts