Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my SA-XD9 about 4 weeks ago, and today was the first chance I had to get to the range. I shot most of the rounds at 7/8 yards and some at 10 yards. I haven't shot a handgun in roughly 10 years, and never owned, so this was my first time with my own. Very first shot was in the middle.

Felt good. I think I did ok...I definately feel like I need to spend more time at the range.

Some of the targets I shared with a friend shooting his 45. Here's the first target--I arrowed my first shot:

Next target, all me, one clip --ok 15 rnds -- 7 in the middle.

Next target, half at 10yds, half at 7yds

My final 10 at 7yds...I think it was overall a good group. The random shot at the lower left was my friends attempt at another target on the paper.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Congrats on your first range session with your new XD! Nice shooting, too. :)

But jeez - 4 weeks?! What are you, some kind of masochist? How on earth could you stand to wait that long to shoot your new gun? :confused: (Just kidding. :))

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Looks pretty good for not shooting in so long. Congrats on the new XD!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I thought it was pretty good if I did say so myself. I was pretty glad to see that after a number of years I still remembered how to handle a handgun properly.

I will say that I was sighting at 6 o'clock...when I was aiming dead on I found myself to miss more often than not, but if I sighted the center just above the front sight with the front sight between the rear sights, that I typically hit the middle.

I read some threads on here about the XD being sighted for that kind of result.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts