Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have about 500 rounds through it, some walmart federals, but switched to CCI minimags. It seems every 50 rounds, on 1-2 of the rounds- the back of the shell and actually appears to be slightly crimped at the top and wont extract. Any suggestions? I like the gun and only for fun, but gets a little annoying. I am extermely meticulous and clean every 100 rounds through it, as I have been told then gunk up quickly.

·
Registered
895 Posts
i'm pretty sure cci mini mags have less slug and more casing in the overall length of the entire bullet thus accomodating more powder. because the casing is longer perhaps it is causing interferance in the leed or throat of the chamber, ruger 10/22 target model clearly state not to use these type of .22 bullets because of the tighter "chamber"/"throat" tolerances..... maybe your firestorm is the same, hope this helps.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
i'm pretty sure cci mini mags have less slug and more casing in the overall length of the entire bullet thus accomodating more powder. because the casing is longer perhaps it is causing interferance in the leed or throat of the chamber, ruger 10/22 target model clearly state not to use these type of .22 bullets because of the tighter "chamber"/"throat" tolerances..... maybe your firestorm is the same, hope this helps.
Doesn't apply to MiniMags, and they fire fine in my Bersa22 which is the same gun as the Firestorm.

Have about 500 rounds through it, some walmart federals, but switched to CCI minimags. It seems every 50 rounds, on 1-2 of the rounds- the back of the shell and actually appears to be slightly crimped at the top and wont extract. Any suggestions? I like the gun and only for fun, but gets a little annoying. I am extermely meticulous and clean every 100 rounds through it, as I have been told then gunk up quickly.
If I'm reading you correct, that spot is where the firing pin hits the rim of the ammo case?
"Gunk up quickly"? You mean you lube it up soon after cleaning?

I have been running cheap Remington Thunderbolts through mine and it eats them flawlessly with zero failures of any kind ( except for an occasional dud round which is not unusual for Thunderbolts ). The extractor on these pistols is so HUGE for a 22 ( I think it is the same mechanics as the 380 version ) I'm surprised it isn't ripping your stuck casing out.
Try some of the Thunderbolt rounds and see what happens, every gun seems to have a flavor or two it doesn't like. If the problem persists go over to Bersa Chat and ask around, they seem to be pretty friendly folks there too.
Bersa Chat Forum

1 - 3 of 3 Posts