Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new here

I just purchased a Firestorm 1911 .45ACP :grin:, and in the waiting period :-?.

Has anyone had any experience with Crimson trace laser grips with a Firestorm?

Pros? Cons?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Since I've never had one of those in my hands I can only go on what I've read and heard. From that, you might want to get to try the expensive grips on the gun for fit before you shuck out all that money for them. What I read was that the spacing of the grip screws is different on your Firestorm from a standard 1911. So grips made for a 1911 may not fit.

I've owned a couple of 1911's over the years that required non-standard parts. And if it was me, knowing what I know now about all the hassles I had with those guns, I would spend a little more money and buy a Springfield or other "standard", preferably American made, 1911 instead.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
You will see in the photos below, The Crimson Trace grips do work with the Metro Arms "Firestorm" Government Deluxe, that was imported from the Phillipines.

The only modification was to shave a tad off the top of the grip, below the slide stop.:rolleyes:

Next Step is to go out on the range, and try this new addition...:mrgreen:

I hope this helps anyone who had a bad experience with the Bersa/LLahma Firestorms, and has shied away from the current firestorm.

Some Helpful links:

Firestorm and American Classic II Government Deluxe Model 1911 .45 ACP Auto Pistol
http://gunblast.com/images/Firestorm-1911Deluxe/Vidcap.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After a day on the Range with the MetroArms Firestorm. After 100 rounds down range. no malfuctions as long as you are using 8 round clips. :mrgreen:

There is a "Con" though, the Firestorm will only accept 8 round single stack clips. The 7 round clips will slide in, leaving a big gap so the slide can not feed a round from the magazine.:twisted:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts