Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any specific info. I can't find any info on how these are made on their sight. What makes them bright. Do they use tritium. Do they glow in low light? Or are they just fiber optic sights that pick up the existing light? They look pretty good since they are cheaper than others and I am looking and they have different colored front and rear sights. If anybody has any other suggestions than I am open for opinions.
Thanks

·
Registered
539 Posts
Says on their homepage that they're fibre optic, and they look it too. You can tell byt the long colored lines on the tops of the sights.

·
Registered
54 Posts
had a pair on my xdm the front sight fell out after about 200 rounds so then i call william fire sights they tell me to fix it theyll send me more fiber and to stick it back in the sight and take a lighter to it so soon as you shoot the fiber melts and falls back out. So i bought some truglos beest of both world fiber optic for day tritium for night and the brightest for low light when then fiber still works just a little.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I really like mine, but the front sight fell out as well. From what I hear it's a common problem with the fiber optics. Fiber optic rods are pretty cheap, about 5 bucks for a foot. Best re-install I've heard is the lighter trick, then a drop of superglue before the mushroom. Only problem is no gunscrubber or hard solvent on the sights since it'll dissolve the super glue. Still trying to find out the diameter of firesights fiber optics so I can buy a replacement. I'll call them tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Firesights are pure fiber optic and GREAT in daylight. Not much good at night. I have the TruGlo TFO on my XD9SC carry piece and they're great. They're fiber optic with a tritium vial, too. Best of both worlds. After about 250 rounds, mine haven't fallen apart yet...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts