Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a basic idea of a couple things i could do but was wondering if someone with alittle more experience or was taught something in a class knows a better way?

In addition has anyone ever had to use it in real life experience? Thanks

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Rather vague.

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
I have a basic idea of a couple things i could do but was wondering if someone with alittle more experience or was taught something in a class knows a better way?

In addition has anyone ever had to use it in real life experience? Thanks
quick tip Nuhler

read your post as if you have no idea what you know and then you will understand why no one has replied

to the point

We have no idea what you know!!!!!!!

there is a huge volume of knowlege here but no one wants to type 3 pages of text discribing something only to here you say " huh thats what i was taught.."

please dont take this as a slam just trying to help

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rather vague.

OK is this less vague?

HAS ANYONE HAD SOMEONE TRY TO TAKE THEIR GUN WITHOUT THEIR CONSENT?

EVEN IF YOU HAVENT HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT WHAT YOU WOULD DO TO STOP THEM FROM GETTING CONTROL OF YOUR GUN.

I USUALLY CARRY AT THE 3 TO 4 O CLOCK POSITION SO I WOULD THINK I COULD JUST DROP MY ELBOW DOWN TRYING TO KEEP THE GUN IN THE HOLSTER. BUT THEN WHATS THE NEXT BEST THING TO DO? GO FOR MY KNIFE, PUSH THE BG AWAY, OR JUST FOCUS ON GETTING THE GUN? IDK DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY GOOD INFO? THANKS

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so i just did a youtube search and this might be alittle to complicated to talk about via typing. they were showing different situations from trying to stop someone from taking gun from your holster to clearing your house and the BG jumps out of the dark and grabs the arm you are using to hold your gun....

·
Administrator
22,465 Posts
First of all caps lock is not needed...

Second of all if you let the BG that close you really should increase the distance

Third... is you Gecko45?

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
OK is this less vague?

HAS ANYONE HAD SOMEONE TRY TO TAKE THEIR GUN WITHOUT THEIR CONSENT? No

EVEN IF YOU HAVENT HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT WHAT YOU WOULD DO TO STOP THEM FROM GETTING CONTROL OF YOUR GUN. yes I have thought about it

I USUALLY CARRY AT THE 3 TO 4 O CLOCK POSITION SO I WOULD THINK I COULD JUST DROP MY ELBOW DOWN TRYING TO KEEP THE GUN IN THE HOLSTER. I think instead of dropping your elbow you should grap for your weapon if their hand is already on it then grap thier hand or wrist and hold you weapon in the holster and then the fight is on and losing this fight is not an option oh by the way if their hand is already on your weapon your SA sucks!!!! BUT THEN WHATS THE NEXT BEST THING TO DO? GO FOR MY KNIFE,maybe do you carry a knife on your weak side? PUSH THE BG AWAY, OR JUST FOCUS ON GETTING THE GUN? IDK DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY GOOD INFO? THANKS

Last dont type in all caps people will think you're being a dick

anyway hope that helps

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
so i just did a youtube search and this might be alittle to complicated to talk about via typing. they were showing different situations from trying to stop someone from taking gun from your holster to clearing your house and the BG jumps out of the dark and grabs the arm you are using to hold your gun....
Ding Ding Ding. My first response was a polite way to say stupid question. After your rant I will be more blunt.

Dumb question. Take some self defense classes as there are too many different scenario to go over and actual hands on training is the only thing that is going to work.

Is that what you wanted to hear? :rolleyes:

P.S. Typing in all caps just makes you look like a screaming child.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
sorry guys i wasnt trying to be a dick at all i have to type in caps at work for the program i use so i do it at home alot too. i will keep it to lower case
Hey good on you for the apology. It shows character well.

I was in the military with a guy that was big into Jujitsu. He taught me a few techniques that would be really helpful. He called it small circle Jujitsu. You might want to check it out and see if you can take some lessons in your area. Like it or not you might not always have room for a gun and having some hand to hand combat training can't hurt.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey good on you for the apology. It shows character well.

I was in the military with a guy that was big into Jujitsu. He taught me a few techniques that would be really helpful. He called it small circle Jujitsu. You might want to check it out and see if you can take some lessons in your area. Like it or not you might not always have room for a gun and having some hand to hand combat training can't hurt.

Yea i see alot of guys getting into fights on here and i dont want anything to do with that im here to get help and advice where i need it and give it where i can!

My parents put me in karate when i was i think 5yrs old till like 14yrs old and i learned alot of good stuff but i found out that in real life fights people actually fight back and hard! In all my training it was really unrealistic cas my opponite in class wasnt really trying to attack me. I was thinking about that when i went over some options in my head on how i would keep control of my gun but then i thought crap its gonna be hard. i always carry at least one or two knives on me usually my cold steel ak47 and it opens by itself as it is pulled out of the pocket so i will most likely just go for that but im not really sure?

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
sorry guys i wasnt trying to be a dick at all i have to type in caps at work for the program i use so i do it at home alot too. i will keep it to lower case
its cool

·
Registered
343 Posts
In one of your previous posts you seem to me to be too focused on the gun. If a BG gets close enough to go for your gun you've already messed up but crap happens so if it does you should should definitely have some training to assist you. I say too focused on the gun because in a situation like that it could be mrs beneficial to focus on the BG. The gun is not the threat the BG is!! You may be able to disable the BG and thus eliminate the need to struggle for your weapon! Training training training! Your gun must not be your only tool for self defense!!

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
I have though about it, but no one has ever tried it.

I wear a steeply canted cross draw at about the 10:30 position. If some one tries to make a grab for it they have 2 possible options.

1. Reach all the way around my body from behind

2. Approach me from the front (where I can see them coming) and reach across their body to get a good enough grip to draw it.

All I have to do to retain it is drop my left hand and hold onto it while my right hand or elbow starts beating the ever living crap out of them.

If that doesn't make them break contact, I always carry a metal pen below the bottom button on the polo shirts I wear. While not a perfect weapon, getting one stabbed into your arm, neck, face, eye, leg, etc has a better than average chance of ending the attempt to grab my pistol.

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
When I read the OP, I wasn't sure if the question was about others grabbing your gun, or whether it was about holster retention (thumb break? the system the Serpa uses?).

I do have to ask this: If we're talking about concealed carry, why would we necessarily be concerned about someone grabbing our gun? Isn't it concealed?

An LEO friend of mine taught me a technique for defending against a close-in BG if one is open carrying (as uniformed LEOs usually do on duty). I'm right handed, gun on right side. Left arm straight out to hold the BG away from me, right hand on pistol and draw it, but keep it down by my waist/holster and point at BG. The technique is designed to prevent the BG from getting hands on the weapon, and to keep him away while I draw.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts