Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my IWB Firearm holster about a week ago.
Ordered on Oct 25th
Received it on Nov. 8th
Received it exactly when they said I would.

Quality is exactly as they said it would be.
This being my first IWB holster I researched many different holsters.
Everyone has something special about theirs and thats all good.

I emailed a few of them with questions and only one replied, FirearmHolsters.
Galvin answered extremely promptly.

I went with the Firearms Holster for a couple reasons.
1) Customer service before I ever purchased it.
2) I can convert it to an OWB without having to buy another
3) Custom color stitching (I went with black holster and gray stitching)
4) Very reasonable price

I've been carrying it since I received it almost nonstop.
Getting used to carrying since i'm carrying an XDM 4.5 9mm.
Wife kind had her say about wearing it to bed but it's the first thing on and the last thing off.

I've included a couple pics. (or tried to anyway).

Hats off to FirearmHolster and Galvin!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Looks great!
I just ordered one yesterday for my M&P Shield, looking forward to trying it out.
Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
great choices guys!!

I have two, one for an M&P9c and another for an XDMc.... (the XDMc is back for a warranty issue unfortunately).

You are right OP.... Gavin is GREAT on customer service, quality of the product is outstanding, and I think you will be very happy with the holster.

Good luck with them guys... welcome to "the family" of proud Firearm Holster fans!! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've tried to contact Gavin through his website with no response. I had a question about stitching color before I ordered one. Does anyone have his email address? Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've tried to contact Gavin through his website with no response. I had a question about stitching color before I ordered one. Does anyone have his email address? Thanks
Usually he will answer within a day of initial emailing via the firarmsholster.com websight on the "contact us" section.

What is your question on the stitching?
Maybe I or some else in here can assist.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's been a week or so and I tried to contact him through the website again two days ago. I'm planning on ordering a holster for my first carry gun and I just wanted to see if he had any pictures of the brown to black leather with the burnt orange or rust stitching.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure if you checked out all of the pictures they have on there web sight or not. With the almost endless combinations it may be difficult to have an exact picture of what your looking for. Here is one I located I think is close to what your looking for.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Not sure if you checked out all of the pictures they have on there web sight or not. With the almost endless combinations it may be difficult to have an exact picture of what your looking for. Here is one I located I think is close to what your looking for.
That's the one I got for my XDm. One for the Shield too.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Beautifully hand crafted products.
As you may be able to see in my photos above, I went with the black leather and gray stitching. Subtle but effective.
I actually thought about the black with Green or the Burnt orange but chose to go the subtle look.
Since I've chose to carry a full size XDM 9, I adjusted the cant a bit. Very easy with these holsters. I actually like the fact that the clips will rotate. I find it helps the holster move slightly while sitting and they don't work loose either.
CraigSC, you won't be disappointed!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just recently received my second holster from Gavin at firearmholsters.com.
I posted it in a different thread.
The holster was for the same gun but I requested some minor customization to it this time and I must say Excellent Job!
(hopefully this attached quote from the other thread will work here. see below)

Ok so it's not tomorrow but here are the pictures.
I went with the black leather and gray stitching just like my first one.
This thing is so comfortable!
First pic shows where I asked Galvin to make it a little wider at the top.
View attachment 31968
The second pic shows No Belt slots.
View attachment 31972
The rest of the pics are just highlighting the quality and craftsmanship Galvin puts into his holsters.
If your trying to order, be patient, They are worth it!!
*** It still only took about 3 weeks give or take a day or two***
View attachment 31969 View attachment 31970 View attachment 31971

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sent my first holster back to Gavin at Firearmholsters for some additional stitching around the belt slots. I just received it back this weekend and what a sweet job! Looks fantastic!
With my second holster, slightly customized by request, and my first one with the additional stitching around the slots I have two from firearmholsters now and I love them both!
My custom one with the modifications requested is strictly an IWB holster and SO DANG comfortable it's unbelievable!
(I swear on my second one, I can hardly tell I even have it on it's so comfortable. I almost forget I do have it on.)
Now when I carry OWB I can show off my other holster from Gavin and just how well made and comfortable it is as well.

Thanks Gavin at www.firearmholster.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts