Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used these or know if they work of just fall apart? I've got a old mangled right wrist that is giving me trouble and I'd like to find the best recoil reduction I can get besides just low powder loads. I shoot 40 S&W and 357 Sig out of both my XDM40 and Beretta 96FS,plus a 1911 and XDM 45. Any solutions are welcome (no ,Not shooting isn't an option for now;)) Ya, the 357Sig is the worst, but unfortunately my favorite.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
I would expect them to work about as well as the stock dual spring recoil assemblies used in the XD 4" models for recoil control. Try one of those for comparison to your single spring XDm. As to workmanship or longevity, no idea.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Speaking of springs....

XD Service 4" 9mm.

I've been looking into whether or not I need to replace my recoil spring assembly, but I'm not able to find the dual recoil spring assembly it came with. I'm not sure of what the lb rating is for it and Springfields XD site is sorely lacking in more details.
Not even sure of the service life or the expected service life of the assembly.
Can you use a 1911 recoil guide rod and spring or not?
14Lb or 16lb?
Dual required?
Single require any modifications after replacing (if possible) the dual spring?
I've been pecking around and this is the closest thread to what I'm looking for. :oops: :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
The SA stock captive recoil assembly is available from pistolgear and maybe some other site sponsors. Also conversion to single spring and guide rod works for the 4" XD models (except for the XD-45acp). These are available from Wolff (gunspring) and from pistolgear.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
The SA stock captive recoil assembly is available from pistolgear and maybe some other site sponsors. Also conversion to single spring and guide rod works for the 4" XD models (except for the XD-45acp). These are available from Wolff (gunspring) and from pistolgear.

Tanku berry much :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts