Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished my spikes build over the weekend and got to shoot a few rounds to zero in my scope.

I was wondering if it was alright to mount the front scope ring to the BAR rail, and have the rear ring on the upper?

Currently, it is mounted as far forward as it can go on the upper. I was afraid to mount it crossing the upper-to-rail without some advice.

Attachments

·
Registered
838 Posts
I wouldn't. Definitely not IF the rail is free float. How about a mount with a forward cant? Best to keep the rings on the receiver.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
dude is that an 18 inch upper or just a 16 with a long rail? Either way it looks ******.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Unless you have a monolithic upper like the VLTOR VIS I would not mount your optic that far forward. The rail can move with pressure enough to change your POI. You can get a cantilevered mount to mount to the upper while moving the orientation of the optic forward to where you want it. That would be the way to go.

Great rifle BTW!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dude is that an 18 inch upper or just a 16 with a long rail? Either way it looks ******.
It's a 16" barrel with a low profile gas block and 12" spikes rail. It is really sweet. I was really impressed with it when I got it all together :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the advice guys, I wasn't sure if that rail could move when firing and damage the scope/rail. I think I'll leave it as is for now and once I get more time with it decide if i want to go with a forward cant mount.

·
Registered
407 Posts
It's a 16" barrel with a low profile gas block and 12" spikes rail. It is really sweet. I was really impressed with it when I got it all together :)
sorry i've got no input, but GREAT looking gun!!!!!! :shock::D

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Great looking build...Congrats...:)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Sexy gun man!!! i'm ordering my spikes upper in a couple weeks and i know the 10 week wait is going to drive me nuts every single day!!!!
how was the wait for you?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts