Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hate waiting for parts to come. I need my barrel to get here so I can build the upper and install my BUIS and optic.

So far this is what I have finished.

Sabre defense lower
Vltor Emod stock
Pinned the stock in place at position 3 (NY State ban compliant)
Polished the trigger and hammer engagement surfaces
Installed JP reduced power hammer and trigger springs
DPMS LPK
2 pad bolt catch
KNS 2nd gen non rotating hammer/trigger pins
Ambi safety
Threaded and plugged the takedown pin spring hole so the spring/detent is captive.
Magpul enhanced trigger guard
Magpul MIAD grip

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone have JP reduced power hammer and trigger springs? I'm hoping I don't have ignition problems with them. Worst case I put regular springs back in.

The polished surfaces and those springs make for a pretty decent smooth and light trigger compared to out of the box parts.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Nice! I just picked up a CMMG Lower and will be doing a similar lower build. I really like that Vltor stock and the MIAD grip.

What are you doing with the upper and handguards? DD Omega 7? :twisted:

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice! I just picked up a CMMG Lower and will be doing a similar lower build. I really like that Vltor stock and the MIAD grip.

What are you doing with the upper and handguards? DD Omega 7? :twisted:
yep. CMMG 14.5" m4 barrel with fixed compensator. DD omega 7.0 handguard, Troy flip up buis, EOtech 512, tangodown vfg, LMT bcg, troy single point sling converted to push button QD so it snaps into the emod stock mounting point.

It's going on a Vltor billet upper w/ forward assist and deflector.

I have everything in a pile here, just waiting for the barrel.

this was taken before i built the lower.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Sweeeeet! I am going to pick up another lower when my 10 days is up so I dont need to wait another 10 days on my next build. Man, i've got the BRD bad right now...and i love it. :twisted:

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Who makes the magpul look alike on the bottom of your mags, I have never seen them before.
Where did you get the info about drilling/tapping the take down hole. I am interested in this mod.
The thing on the mag is a tacti-pull from c-products. $7.50 for a 3 pack.
C PRODUCTS LLC. 10 round magazine, 20 round magazine, 30 round magazine, gun parts, rifle, AR15 parts, magazine replacement parts, springs for guns, AR15 replacement parts

Tapping the takedown hole was on ar-15.com. You don't need to drill anything. You just need a 4-40 tap and a 4-40 set screw (which was hard to find). Just take out the spring, tap about 1/8" of the hole, cut 1/8" off the spring and reinstall the spring then screw the plug in the hole.

here is the thread with pictures
AR15.COM :: Forums :: Simple fix for the rear takedown detent spring blues....

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Anyone have JP reduced power hammer and trigger springs? I'm hoping I don't have ignition problems with them. Worst case I put regular springs back in.

The polished surfaces and those springs make for a pretty decent smooth and light trigger compared to out of the box parts.
I've used them before and haven't had any problems with commercial ammo. I've not shot a ton of surplus with them, but I've not had any problems with what I have used. My long barreled/precision shooter has them in it.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I've used them before and haven't had any problems with commercial ammo. I've not shot a ton of surplus with them, but I've not had any problems with what I have used. My long barreled/precision shooter has them in it.
I've been shooting all commercial ammo. Reloads from wisconsin cartridge. Cheaper than any mil surplus I can find.

I think I have 5 or 10 rounds of some military ammo around. I have no idea what country they're from, I should check and try them in the gun.

edit: i think you recommended WCC to me. Thanks for that. Great ammo for the price.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts