Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we all know the blue finish on XD's is almost as bad as the bluing on SIG's! My question is do the XD's have a metal treatment like Glocks with their tenifer? I read it in a magazine once but I've heard nothing about it since. My month old XD9-sc CCW piece is already losing it's finish and I don't send my weapons back to the factory for something as minor as this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,251 Posts
nframe said:
As we all know the blue finish on XD's is almost as bad as the bluing on SIG's! My question is do the XD's have a metal treatment like Glocks with their tenifer? I read it in a magazine once but I've heard nothing about it since. My month old XD9-sc CCW piece is already losing it's finish and I don't send my weapons back to the factory for something as minor as this.
No, there's no metal treatment like tenifer or melonite on the XD's.

The XD's have what's known as a "bruniral" finish, which is just some sort of black oxide finish kinda like parking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,955 Posts
Whats wrong with the finsh on Sigs? I own several of them and they are all carried, holsteres, reholstered, and fired. Mine show MINIMAL holster wear. The XD finsh is not known for being robust but if you take care of it, you may never have problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Come on now the finish on every SIG I've owned practically falls off, that's the blue not the SIGcote or nickel just the blue. SIG's are great weapons but their finish is awful!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
10,574 Posts
Yep, I have to agree with nframe. Every damn Sig that
I own has all the finish worn off of them. Not one or two
or three of them, but every one of them. They are bare
assed naked with NO finish on them period. I haven't the
slightest idea how it happened, the finish just disappeared.
Worst of all, it happened while they were just sitting around
in the safe while minding their own bees wax???

I am also sorry to say that the very same thing happened
to all my HS2Ks and XDs.

Of course I never care for them after I go to the range
nor oil and clean them up, hell, that is just to much trouble
for me. Besides that, the Sigs only ran me about $800
each so what the heck. The XDs, a little over half that.

I read on here one time that some nut said that you have
to maintain these machines. I cannot stand the thought
of wasting that much time on such a trivial investment.

Ed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why is it that any time someone makes a comment on SIG's and their faults, people act as if they said something about their mothers? SIG's aren't perfect, and they aren't the only pistols on earth. Just because they cost twice as much as some doesn't mean that they are twice as good. The ergonomics on my $400 XD are head and shoulders above any SIG that I've owned or handled :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,118 Posts
nframe said:
Why is it that any time someone makes a comment on SIG's and their faults, people act as if they said something about their mothers? SIG's aren't perfect, and they aren't the only pistols on earth. Just because they cost twice as much as some doesn't mean that they are twice as good. The ergonomics on my $400 XD are head and shoulders above any SIG that I've owned or handled :roll:
+1

I have a P226 that doesn't get shot much anymore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,473 Posts
Ed Ely said:
Yep, I have to agree with nframe. Every damn Sig that
I own has all the finish worn off of them. Not one or two
or three of them, but every one of them. They are bare
assed naked with NO finish on them period. I haven't the
slightest idea how it happened, the finish just disappeared.
Worst of all, it happened while they were just sitting around
in the safe while minding their own bees wax???

I am also sorry to say that the very same thing happened
to all my HS2Ks and XDs.

Of course I never care for them after I go to the range
nor oil and clean them up, hell, that is just to much trouble
for me. Besides that, the Sigs only ran me about $800
each so what the heck. The XDs, a little over half that.

I read on here one time that some nut said that you have
to maintain these machines. I cannot stand the thought
of wasting that much time on such a trivial investment.

Ed
Hey Ed
Wake up on the Miss side of the bed :shock:
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top