Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...and some morning Math for WA State:
  • 1M people seeking UI each week now.
  • A low estimate of $300 per week to each, a high estimate of $790 (the max). So let's call it $500 per week per person.
  • $500M per week = $2B per month.
WA State doesn't have that amount of slush laying around for long (if at all). ...and WA State cannot print money like the Federal government.

*tick tock tick tock*

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
"But it is all the fault of orange man that the state is broke and handouts are limited/taxes are raised.
Vote smart in November, unless you want him ruining the country for four more years."

Something to that effect is what I'm waiting to hear.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Democrats will sink their states with constantly increasing taxes until they’re bankrupt over the pensions. Republicans will privatize them. One solution kicks the can down the road and ruins future generations. One solves the mess.

In KY our Republican ex-Governor tried to fix it and the current governor, Dirty Little Andy Beashear, was the AG and sued him until he was out of office. So the problem has no chance of remotely being addressed until a new governor is elected.

·
Registered
19,687 Posts
My brother is a pretty big Liberal. When he made the typical libertad "screw the economy. Lives are at stake!" Comment, my first though was 'says the guy that believes his income is safe' my second thought was 'good chance he is unemployed in a year' because he is aerospace. It is going to be mighty tempting for Congress to cut defense r&d, along with the space program. The Feds are going to have to bail out all of the state's unemployment plans at the very least, and raising taxes we the economy is struggling to get going again would be suicidal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts