Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
No. Just no. They (the democrat/progressive/liberal politicians were elected by the democrat/progressive/liberal voters in the state. They, not the rest of the USA are responsible for the mess they find themselves in today.

Why should the rest of USA bail them out - so they can keep doing the things that got them where they are today?

The rest of us should not be financially responsible (or affected) to fix their problems (and it would only be a temporary fix because they're going to keep doing what they've been doing, it's the way they think/work.)

·
Registered
18,869 Posts
No. Just no. They (the democrat/progressive/liberal politicians were elected by the democrat/progressive/liberal voters in the state. They, not the rest of the USA are responsible for the mess they find themselves in today.

Why should the rest of USA bail them out - so they can keep doing the things that got them where they are today?

The rest of us should not be financially responsible (or affected) to fix their problems (and it would only be a temporary fix because they're going to keep doing what they've been doing, it's the way they think/work.)
If the bankruptcy rules for states are similar to the bankruptcy rules for companies the US won't be bailing out Illinois. They declare bankruptcy and shed the obligations they can't meet and the payments they can't make, so vendors, suppliers, unions, and pensioners get hosed. The federal government won't take over the obligations.

I agree, the feds shouldn't bail out a foolishly run state.

·
Registered
30,302 Posts
If the bankruptcy rules for states are similar to the bankruptcy rules for companies the US won't be bailing out Illinois. They declare bankruptcy and shed the obligations they can't meet and the payments they can't make, so vendors, suppliers, unions, and pensioners get hosed. The federal government won't take over the obligations.

I agree, the feds shouldn't bail out a foolishly run state.
The state currently owes me around $10k from my previous job.

I want my money.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,869 Posts
The state currently owes me around $10k from my previous job.

I want my money.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Ouch. If it's a traditional bankruptcy you'd be just another unsecured debtor, which means you get jack.

File a lawsuit now.

·
Registered
19,986 Posts
Don't worry. The unions won't get shorted a penny. I'm sure everyone else will be though, and no doubt a couple of companies will follow the state because of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts