Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes! I finally got my XDs 3.3" Mod 2 .45 ACP today. I ordered the .40 caliber version from our local Navy outlet, but that is going on 5 weeks now. They ordered it from Davidsons' and it's taking forever and a day. So, I decided to say screw it and went down to the other store and they had the .45 ACP in stock.
SA is offering the Gear up promotion currently, so I got 4 additional magazines (four (6) rd, one (5) rd), a T-shirt, a hat and a coozie(sp) plus a nice range bag, all for $505. I'm running it through a Concealment Express holster. Thankfully this holster accepted all the calibers and I didn't have to return it.

I picked up 3 boxes of 50rds each of
- Aguila 230 Grain
  • Blazer Brass 230 Grain
  • Sellier & Bellot 230 Grain
Does anyone know if this ammo is any good?

Now I have to find time to go shoot this baby.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Congrats; you will love it. As to the ammo, I’ve had good results with the S&B and Blazer Brass...no experience with the Mexican fodder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Shoot all those brands and others including alum and steel case range ammo on occasion thru my 45 shield.
All function as expected.

BTW you need to buy ALOT more ammo.

Thats enough to last about 30-45 min

But ammo lots of ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
334 Posts
Nice get.
You know you will need do a reliability check on ALL of those mags, like Texas40 said, your are gonna need a lot more ammo. And, there is your reason to buy. MY XDS don`t care about brand name or bullet weight, shoots them all just fine. Best of luck

·
Registered
90 Posts
Congratulations and it is a stroke of good fortune that you ended up with the .45.
Have nearly 2,000 rounds through mine and it is a wonderful piece of machinery.
I have run all three of those brands through mine and it eats them like candy. The secret with this weapon is to use it, use it, use it. The more it cycles the better. Clean it, lube it and run the heck out of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts