Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went yesterday and finished paying off my XDm 40. Great bday gift to myself :) got it home and cleaned it up and might i say for a brand new gun they come damn dirty lol. now just need to wait till satuday to go to the range.

and being under 25 post i keep watching the case to make sure it dont go off on it own j/k dont shoot me *no pun intended*

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Think back to how dirty it was. Mine came out of the box, went into the holster and shot 800 rounds before I was allowed to clean it. It shows the quality of this gun, the only FTF or FTE were set up for clearing drills. I love my XD.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
They test fire the weapon to get the spent cartridges needed by federal law, but I sure don't think they clean them after!

Have fun with the new gun!

·
Premium Member
127,279 Posts
Each gun is test fired at the factory.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i knew about the test fire but figured they would clean it.. but its cool with me gave me pratice as this is the first hand gun i have owned

·
Registered
480 Posts
Mine came with factory lube on the slide's surface... I think it's one way of protecting the firearm against corrosion during transport and storage.

Mine had no problems straight out of the case... I have already shot over 250 rounds with not even one incident of FTF or FTE:)

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
They test fire the weapon to get the spent cartridges needed by federal law, but I sure don't think they clean them after!

Have fun with the new gun!
There is no federal law that says they have to send a fired case with the pistol! SA does it for the states that have a law about fired cases.

don

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok now i am totally in love with the XDm. took it to the range and there is a thread in there about it. Its so smooth and fits my hand perfect

·
Registered
231 Posts
I was waiting to reply untill you went to the range. You sound like I did the first time I fired my XDM 4.5 40. It was love at first shot. I didn't have to wait to shoot mine , I live where I can shoot out my back ( or front door) stay safe and enjoy your new XDM.:)

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
I was waiting to reply untill you went to the range. You sound like I did the first time I fired my XDM 4.5 40. It was love at first shot. I didn't have to wait to shoot mine , I live where I can shoot out my back ( or front door) stay safe and enjoy your new XDM.:)
I had to wait to shoot mine. I have had it out twice so far and love it.

black 4.5 .40

1 - 10 of 10 Posts