Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I finally have all my AR parts either delivered or on order. Been saving up and buying what I could here and there, and I am now to the point where I have everything coming to have an operating, functional firearm.

Parts list:

PSA blemished pictogram stripped lower - delivered
PSA premium lower build kit - still waiting
PSA 16" mid-length premium upper - still waiting
AIM Surplus black nitride v2 BCG - delivered
BCM Gunfighter charging handle - mod 4 - delivered
BCM Gunfighter stock - delivered
BCM Gunfighter grip mod 1 - delivered
Magpul trigger guard - delivered
Magpul MBUS gen 2 rear sight - delivered

Future additions/mods:

Lots of mags
15" Strike Industries mega-fins keymod rail
Ambidextrous safety selector - not sure which
Primary Arms MD-ADS
Compensator - not sure which
BCM keymod vertical grip
Trigger upgrade - maybe ALG ACT + JP reduced power trigger spring?
Inforce WML

Will post pics when everything gets here and when it is finished.

Also, I have been looking at 2 point slings and am deciding between the BFG VCAS and the Ares Armor Huskey Amentum Slider sling. I have read and watched just about everything I could on the VCAS, but info on the "Ares long-freaking-name" sling is sparse. I like that it has the large loop for adjustments, but I was wondering on other details such as durability of the webbing and hardware. If anyone has any experience with one I would appreciate any details.

·
Premium Member
128,397 Posts
Sounds good! Keep us posted.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got UPS tracking numbers today for my upper and my lower build kit. Should be on their way tomorrow! Stay tuned for pics.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's a Palmetto State Armory premium mid length upper. I got it for 269.99 without charging handle and BCG

·
Registered
78 Posts
It's a Palmetto State Armory premium mid length upper. I got it for 269.99 without charging handle and BCG
Yeah I was looking into that one as well roughly how long did it take from the time your ordered it until it arrived on your front door? Also what bolt carrier do you plan on using?

Edit sorry just ready your using an aim

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I bet you already have an itch to build another one ;)
I just built my first, I'm already wanting to do another. It was so easy and went too quickly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
How do you like that upper? I am really close to pulling the trigger on it.
I really like it. The fit and finish is great, no wobble and matches up with the lower perfectly. Yeah, it took about 15 business days to get to me (so 3 weeks actual time), but I did not need to have it right away so it didn't matter to me. I am happy with my choice and do not regret anything at all. I still haven't shot it yet, but do not expect any problems.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Palmetto premium uppers and complete bolts are a great deal. but the problem i see is that nobody has only 1 AR.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts