Springfield XD Forum banner

Finally shot SR 556E

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  kaotik78 
#1 ·
Finally went to a LGS, that has a 25 yd rifle zero range and I finally zeroed my rifle. It took me about 30 rounds to get my iron sights adjusted. They're not super zeroed, but, until I go back and shoot some more they'll do. However, I have my Vortex Strikefire dialed in, just need to do some fine tuning and it will be "just right".
I am embarressed about the number of rounds to zero the iron sights. While in the Army, I usually had my irons sighted in in 9 rounds or less(of course that was 32 years ago). The Strike fire only took 12 rounds.
I don't have any pictures, didn't want want any one to see how bad a shot I had become! LOL

#7 ·
Pardon my rude behavior but what do those sell for?
I have the "no" frills AR from Ruger. I got it for $975. The "FB" or "C" series was about $400 more. Those come with the Troy MBUIS and the hand guard is 4 picatinny rails. The "E" model only has the rails on the top.
And yes 30 rds. Wasn't until I spied a chair that I was able to get a somewhat decent group. Kneeling just wasn't getting it. I guess I might have just gone prone as I did in the Army. Next time I'll as them at the LGS if that would be OK.

#9 ·
Nice AR, Ruger fan here!
Congrats!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.