Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks here is my one and only Piston Ar15, got it via a straight up trade with one of my gunshop buddies, Its has a RRA lower, Daniel defense omega rail 7.0, Adams Arms piston kit,troy Industries folding rear and front sights, and the kicker is it has the SSAR butt stock! here it is traded my Ruger gunsite scout rifle straight trade..

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
becs of the stock??I'm not keeping the stock he is switching it with a magpul just becs i don't want to waste ammo with that darn thing, I like the piston system though..
Your "buddies" at the gun shop screwed you again, that's what I mean.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
awww man, that ruger was sweet, but it is your decision after all. Nice rifle

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yah it was nice but i don't reload and ammo for the 223/556 is a lot more affordable and plus dollar for dollar pretty sure i was ahead, i got the ruger for only 730, this AR is probably 1000 or more with the setup.
QUOTE=XDMulisha;2957620]awww man, that ruger was sweet, but it is your decision after all. Nice rifle[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
744 Posts
Why would you trade a boltie 308 for an AR15?

That's kind of like trading a car for a toaster oven.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just don't have use for the 308 for now, i don't hunt with it, i'm more of Archery hunter and I always like to own a Piston AR15 and like what i said $ for $ comparison the AR is more than the 308..Its all good he is my friend and I can always borrow it if i want to shoot some 308's..Thats gotta be a really expensive toaster oven though..
Why would you trade a boltie 308 for an AR15?

That's kind of like trading a car for a toaster oven.

·
Registered
744 Posts
just don't have use for the 308 for now, i don't hunt with it, i'm more of Archery hunter and I always like to own a Piston AR15 and like what i said $ for $ comparison the AR is more than the 308..Its all good he is my friend and I can always borrow it if i want to shoot some 308's..Thats gotta be a really expensive toaster oven though..
I mean more in terms of usage, not cost. Going from a bolt 308 to an AR15 doesn't make much sense, kind of like selling a hammer for a ruler, if we want to make a better comparison than previously.

Why did you get the 308 in the first place, I guess would be my question? Sounds like you're in search of a job for a tool instead of a tool for a job.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was not too crazy about the SSAR stock myself so I traded it for a magpul PRS gen 2 and now I really like it!!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was more of an impulse buy becs i know its a good rifle..i guess I needed a ruler than a hammer i can always use my 1911 as a hammer..
I mean more in terms of usage, not cost. Going from a bolt 308 to an AR15 doesn't make much sense, kind of like selling a hammer for a ruler, if we want to make a better comparison than previously.

Why did you get the 308 in the first place, I guess would be my question? Sounds like you're in search of a job for a tool instead of a tool for a job.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts