·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
$480.00 NIB, Local.
Came with the 07 package.
I'm guessing that's the 2 -13 rounds mags and
the 1-10 rounder.
Throw in the two free mags and I'm living large.;-);-)

All ready field striped it and disassembled the slide.
Off to the range tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. Hope to follow suit this weekend. Shot one yesterday with CT sights and it is just as awesome as my 9sc. Let us know how you like it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been doing some dry firing with it.
I do like the trigger,and have no problem manipulating the trigger
as far as the trigger safety goes.I can find that take up sweet spot right before firing fairly quickly.
Feels much better in my hand compared to my Daughters G19

Not much take up on the 11:wink:.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
After shooting for a while, you'll get that muscle-memory when it comes to the trigger. You'll soon learn to let off just enough for the trigger to reset. You don' have to let off all the way for this to happen, so for follow-up shots, you get to eliminate some of the creep.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Congrats on your gun. I also have a 45C and it is a great shooter, accurate and extremely reliable. With the 10 rd mag it's a great CC gun.

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
hope yu like it as much as i like mine, nice gun for carry , bit heavy at times, but worth the effort they are a reliable 45 for sure ,

·
Registered
30 Posts
I too have a 45c and love it. I carry mine daily. but I am considering getting a 40sc instead as the wife has smaller hands and doesn't like the grip size on my 45c.

·
Premium Member
3,471 Posts
A great weapon indeed!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've had my XD45C for 7 months and have been carrying for about 6 months, mostly with an IWB holster. I love it. Here are a few observations from my limited experience...

1. To be truly comfortable, I'm going to have to start buying pants a size bigger. The XD + holster probably add a good 2 inches to my waist.

2. I've carried it several times by just sticking it in the waistband w/out holster and it works suprisingly well. Mostly, it's because I have a pair of lightweight North Face zip-off pants that have a built-in 1 inch belt that's useless for a holster. Where there's a will, there's a way.

3. Actually, when I have to dress in slacks & tucked in shirt, I've given up on inventive ways to carry the XD and have just gone with a snubby on an ankle holster.

4. I've tried the OWB holster that came with the XD and it works ok but sticks out a bit more than I would prefer, so in my opinion isn't ideal for CCW unless you're wearing a coat or sweater or something (at least for my body size - 6' / 180 lbs).

5. I've never had a problem with printing, (I usually wear a t-shirt w/ button down long sleeve shirt even in the summer) except when riding a bicycle. Since I wear mine in the 4 o'clock position, it sticks out when leaning over the bike... plus, the wind blows my shirt up, etc. YMMV.

Anyway, congrats on a great choice. Hope you enjoy it! I sure have.

·
Registered
212 Posts
You will make the transition from the 1911 easily. As has been said the grip angle is the same, and the trigger is "different" but useable. I went from carrying a Kimber Custom to the XD .45c, and love the XD. I had been a die hard 1911 guy for 30 years, so I felt like a traitor at first, but that went away. The big diffrernce you will notice is in an IWB holster. The 1911 is SO slim...but the proper holster will solve that problem.

Congragulations on a good choice.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts