Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always carried a Steyr S9 ever since I got my carry permit back in 2002 in Iowa. It is a great little gun but is just not as familar to me as my XDs.

Now that WI is getting closer to have CCW I decided that I need to get a gun that I can really shoot well. Since I compete with 5 inch XDs I decided getting a XD with a 3 inch barrel was a good idea. I wanted a XDm but like being able to use my existing mags. I have over 20 mags in 9mm and like 25 in .40 for the original XD.

I will give a range report when I finally get out and shoot it.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
I have always carried a Steyr S9 ever since I got my carry permit back in 2002 in Iowa.
Ypu, too, huh? I carried a Steyr S40 for two years. I LOVED this gun. Fits my hand great, reliable, and damned accurate. Then I picked up a XD9DC at a local gun show about a year ago. I bought it instantly, took it to the range the same day, and it's been on my waist ever since. The difference? The XD is slightly easier to carry and a LOT easier to find accessories for (try finding a lefty Steyr holster). I'm slightly, and that's SLIGHTLY more accurate with the XD. I'm noticeably faster with the XD (that's after the PRP trigger installation). Don't get me wrong, the Steyr is a GREAT gun, and I'd recommend it to anyone, but for me, on my waist, the XD is just .. that much better. The Steyr is my backup gun, and I'd buckle it back on in a heartbeat if the XD was in the shop.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I loved mine! Sold it in a pinch. Accurate! ...broken record but I did shoot a bird soaring with one at quite a distance in one trigger pull.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am going to have to have the trigger worked on. I am used to a nice 2 lb trigger and very little over travel on my competition guns. I don't want a competition trigger just something that is easy to shoot.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
I installed the kit myself. There are two videos on YouTube that help a lot. If you're moderately competent with small tools and small parts, you'll have no trouble at all, and you'll learn more about your gun in the process.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts