Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, you guys convinced me to take the plunge and I just ordered a bi-tone XDm in .45. My question is this: What are your preferred mods and your preferred shops for those mods?

Thanks for your ideas!

·
Registered
204 Posts
im getting the same one, what did u pay? is it coming with night sights or are you planning on adding them later? as far as mods, I think I'll wait until I shoot mine, but I didn't do anything to my xd45 6 yrs ago and it was great

... and ND beat us good!

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im getting the same one, what did u pay? is it coming with night sights or are you planning on adding them later? as far as mods, I think I'll wait until I shoot mine, but I didn't do anything to my xd45 6 yrs ago and it was great

... and ND beat us good!
I got mine from Buds for $618 and is supposed to include 2 mags, the holster and mag holder kit. Supposed to have the night sights as well...that's the downside to a online order, never know for sure until it's in your hands!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I got mine from Buds for $618 and is supposed to include 2 mags, the holster and mag holder kit. Supposed to have the night sights as well...that's the downside to a online order, never know for sure until it's in your hands!
I was just looking at purchasing the XDM45 bi-tone for $618 and the one I was looking at for that price does not include night sights. I decided on purchasing the XDM45 black on black for $577 fixed sights.

·
Premium Member
128,397 Posts
Let us know when you get it.

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
Congrats, you're gonna love your new pistol. As far as mods I have the PRP Match Easy Target trigger kit in mine. I installed it myself and the results are excellent. Shorter takeup about a 4# pull with short reset and most importantly, little to no overtravel. PRP does excellent work if your not so inclined. ;)

·
Banned
5,131 Posts
Congrats, you're gonna love your new pistol. As far as mods I have the PRP Match Easy Target trigger kit in mine. I installed it myself and the results are excellent. Shorter takeup about a 4# pull with short reset and most importantly, little to no overtravel. PRP does excellent work if your not so inclined. ;)

Is the trigger easy to install?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I picked it up from my friendly neighborhood FFL yesterday afternoon and it had everything it was supposed to have, even the night sights. I'm hoping to hit the range tomorrow morning with it for a couple hours of fun.

Thanks for the tip on the trigger - my main gripe with the XDm is the amount of takeup and trigger pull (tried a rental at the range a couple of weeks back). Had the same issue with my Glock - until I replaced it with a Vogel Challenger unit.

More info after a trip to the range!

·
Premium Member
22,590 Posts
No mods on any of mine, well except for more mags, reloading dies and components.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I love mine as well, very accurate and all i still need are Trijicon HDs put on like on my XDm 9. Great guns all the way around!

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
Is the trigger easy to install?
I have to admit that I had a little more trouble than most report. The videos are very helpful and most reports say that install time was under an hour. Now there is the Ultimate Match Trigger kit which should be easier to install because the trigger stop is integral to the trigger body whereas with the Match Easy a part has to be shaped with sandpaper and installed inside the frame. The results are well worth the effort. ;)

·
Registered
908 Posts
Most important mods for me are a good trigger and sights.

I don't really prefer night sights because I like how bright a fiber-optic sight is in most conditions much more. I can still see well enough in low light conditions and if it were absolutely pitch black I'd want a light to see the threat anyway.

I use a fiber-optic front and Charger target rear sight from Dawson Precision.

Secondly, I prefer the extended slide release from Pistol Gear and a extended mag release because I have shorter fingers. After that, I have Mark at Your Tactical Edge do the grip stippling and we have the barrel and feedramp polished.

I'm a sap for custom finishes, so I usually have some Cera-Kote and hard chrome work done as well.

Now- I just bought an XDM .45.
I like a .45, but was waiting on SA to make it in the 3.8 version because I MUCH prefer the balance and feel of the shorter barrel. I'm not optimistic that they'll ever make the .45 in a 3.8, so I bought the .45 in 4.5 and I'm having Rich at Canyon Creek machine some lightening ports in the front of the slide to achieve a balance similar to my 3.8.

Something like this:

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DPGDirk - I'm thinking about having vents milled into my slide as well...if you don't mind my asking, what did it cost you to have Rich do that work on the pistol in the picture?

Thanks!

·
Registered
908 Posts
DPGDirk - I'm thinking about having vents milled into my slide as well...if you don't mind my asking, what did it cost you to have Rich do that work on the pistol in the picture?

Thanks!
Don't know yet. Depends on what all he ends up doing. Hasn't started yet.
It was reasonable though as a range...

·
Registered
103 Posts
I picked up an xdm45 bi-tone recently for $479 with 3 mags. Still in stock configuration Don't know if I will mod it...I like it right out of the box. I have moded my xdm9 though with a threaded barrel and tall suppressor sights.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts