Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a short recap to get things started...

I ordered a Sig C3 with the free 1911 22 from firearmsforsale.com back on February 6th. Sig promised to ship the .22s in two weeks and then increased the window to 60 days on March 12th. A long, long, long wait to be sure. During that time I received my IL CCL and a custom holster with an 8 week lead time.

Thankfully the guys at firearmsforsale were great communicators throughout the whole process. At the sixty day mark all of the .22s once again hadn't shipped so they purchased the .22s themselves to fulfill the orders. Above and beyond in my book. Needless to say I'll be doing business with them again the next time I'm in the market for a new firearm.

Now on to the fun stuff!!!

First up the Sig 22, which was supposed to be black but I'm fine with the OD. After a bit of research I decided to order the upgrade kit from cwaccessories.com

Swapped out the guide rod, bushing, barrel cap and spring plug. This keeps the barrel aligned and removes the need for the screw in the side.

Before: Crappy phone pic but you can see how the barrel is misaligned

After: Everything fits nice and snug

Nothing done to the C3 at all. I might swap the grips for black or gray ones at some point in time but that's probably all I'll do.

Can't wait to get to the range this weekend and shoot them!! I'm ecstatic to finally be a member of the 1911 club!

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Very nice. I have yet to join that club.

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
Oh, boy....you just opened a can of worns. Welcome to the addiction.....looking forward to range report...and on the NEXT ones you'll have to get.....lol

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Congrats! 1911's are very addicting. But it's a great sickness. :D

·
Premium Member
128,000 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Congrats, that C3 is a sweet gun. I've heard mixed opinions on the Sig 22, let us know how she shoots.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice! Now you need the .45 version to go with it.
The C3's a .45 :D

On to the range report...

I've shot a .45 but man, nothing compares to shooting your own .45!!! The C3 is one sweet shooter.

1st Target:

2nd Target:

I shot 150 rounds all together. The only problem I had was two failures to feeds with the factory mags. Truth be told I wasn't surprised. I like the way they look but man are those springs weak. The first time I've ever loaded new magazines and felt no resistance whatsoever.

I ordered two Wilson Combat 7 rounders during my long wait and the C3 performed flawlessly with them so you can guess which one's I'm using.

The trigger is great and I can't wait to get more practice time with it.

Sig .22 target:

When I first started shooting I had nothing but problems. The new barrel cap I installed was just a bit too snug and prevented the gun from consistently chambering rounds. I ended up having to ditch the stainless barrel cap from cwaccessories and putting the factory cap back on. I think a little sanding will fix the problem so that's next on my list. I wish I had thought to take pics of the mangled .22 rounds but alas I was more focused on getting it running.

Once I swapped the barrel caps the .22 ran like a champ. Put 200 rounds through it and only had two jams during the first 100 which I'll attribute to the break-in process. Not a hitch during the last 100. Don't let the only target I snapped a pic of scare you off on the accuracy either. Put the target all the way downrange for the last box of 50 and got quite a few rounds on the little splatter target. Once I get a bit more trigger time with it I think this thing'll be a tack driver.

I didn't try the .22 in it's stock configuration at all so maybe I'll do that next time I take it out so I can see if the steel guide rod, new spring and new bushing really make a huge difference.

And just for fun I put my last target all the way downrange and tried to score hits with both. Did better than I expected.

And you guys are right. I'm already contemplating a full size 1911 .45 though I promised the wife I won't buy another gun for a long time :twisted:

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
As others have said, congratulations! You are screwed. Start saving your money now.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Lol I picked up a Springfield operator then was in a Academy and they had a Colt .22lr 1911 rail gun. I could not help myself and got it. Figured since it was set up for the most part just like my Springfield with the rail and all it would be a good training gun. It shoots great but I have a hard time with the light recoil and about yank the slide off to chamber a round lol. I just wish I could find some spare mags for it.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
The C3's a .45 :D

On to the range report...

I've shot a .45 but man, nothing compares to shooting your own .45!!! The C3 is one sweet shooter.

1st Target:

2nd Target:

I shot 150 rounds all together. The only problem I had was two failures to feeds with the factory mags. Truth be told I wasn't surprised. I like the way they look but man are those springs weak. The first time I've ever loaded new magazines and felt no resistance whatsoever.

I ordered two Wilson Combat 7 rounders during my long wait and the C3 performed flawlessly with them so you can guess which one's I'm using.

The trigger is great and I can't wait to get more practice time with it.

Sig .22 target:

When I first started shooting I had nothing but problems. The new barrel cap I installed was just a bit too snug and prevented the gun from consistently chambering rounds. I ended up having to ditch the stainless barrel cap from cwaccessories and putting the factory cap back on. I think a little sanding will fix the problem so that's next on my list. I wish I had thought to take pics of the mangled .22 rounds but alas I was more focused on getting it running.

Once I swapped the barrel caps the .22 ran like a champ. Put 200 rounds through it and only had two jams during the first 100 which I'll attribute to the break-in process. Not a hitch during the last 100. Don't let the only target I snapped a pic of scare you off on the accuracy either. Put the target all the way downrange for the last box of 50 and got quite a few rounds on the little splatter target. Once I get a bit more trigger time with it I think this thing'll be a tack driver.

I didn't try the .22 in it's stock configuration at all so maybe I'll do that next time I take it out so I can see if the steel guide rod, new spring and new bushing really make a huge difference.

And just for fun I put my last target all the way downrange and tried to score hits with both. Did better than I expected.

And you guys are right. I'm already contemplating a full size 1911 .45 though I promised the wife I won't buy another gun for a long time :twisted:
Trying to shoot the gun out of the perp's hand, were we??

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^^^^^Lol...yep

Once the center mass is filled with holes I tend to aim for random spots on the target.

Thankfully you didn't notice my shots at both shoulders with the .22 :oops:

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
As others have said congratulations. You are screwed.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Congrats!

Quicksand comes to mind. The more you thrash about, the deeper you will sink. The 1911 pool is deep and wide. :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts