Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yesterday my dad and I took everyone to the gun range and got a chance to shoot his new glock 23 and my new XDm 45.

I'm so happy with my purchase. My best grouping at 20 yards was about 4" and I hope that shrinks with practice. But I was very impressed with the shootability of the XDm as compared to the glock. For me it just feels more natural, so I'm glad I went springfield.

As for as the shooting went, the entire family did well, my 17 year old baby sister ended up shooting for the first time, and after talking her through all the safety and procedures she said she wanted to try it. Made older brother proud. The shooter award however went to my girlfriend who was shooting a handgun for the first time and nearly outshot me.... NEARLY! lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sounds like a great time!

I brought home my new XD40 4.08" and shot it's first 100 rounds this evening! It was like butter and I too had very desireable groupings at 25 and 30 yards.

Can't wait to get the wife and two daughters out... They're used to my 12 gauge and .223 so this'll be such a fun shoot for them.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Gratz! Nice family outing!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SURVIVOR619 said:
Sounds like a great time!

I brought home my new XD40 4.08" and shot it's first 100 rounds this evening! It was like butter and I too had very desireable groupings at 25 and 30 yards.

Can't wait to get the wife and two daughters out... They're used to my 12 gauge and .223 so this'll be such a fun shoot for them.
Glad you had the same desirable results. I'm ready to go again, but this little thing called work keeps getting in the way! lol

And yeah my 5'1" 105lb GF shot really She kept wanting the .45, bypassing the .40 and 9mm. And kept saying to put the target further and further back. Every round went on body! I guess it's her Asian assassin skills! lol

N.E. Tx.XD said:
Great to hear that ya had a good time at the range with family, and your new "social securities"
BTW...what range did ya go too??
Also make sure you subscribe to the Texas social group. XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! - XD Talk of Texas Want to stay in touch with my local homies.
Thanks NEtex, I went to Elk Castle off of I-30 in west FW. Theyre range is nice $14/hr up to three people, and $15 gun rental for use of all guns, not just one. I'll be sure to join.

Milhouse86 said:
Gratz! Nice family outing!
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Well yesterday my dad and I took everyone to the gun range and got a chance to shoot his new glock 23 and my new XDm 45.

I'm so happy with my purchase. My best grouping at 20 yards was about 4" and I hope that shrinks with practice. But I was very impressed with the shootability of the XDm as compared to the glock. For me it just feels more natural, so I'm glad I went springfield.

As for as the shooting went, the entire family did well, my 17 year old baby sister ended up shooting for the first time, and after talking her through all the safety and procedures she said she wanted to try it. Made older brother proud. The shooter award however went to my girlfriend who was shooting a handgun for the first time and nearly outshot me.... NEARLY! lol
Give it time. ;) :D I'm sure in short order she will be better than you.

Congrats on getting some new shooters introduced to the sport. It's great fun.

·
Registered
35 Posts
my girlfriend had never fired a gun befor I tought her. we wound up going later than we anticipated. It was starting to get dark by the time i finished teaching her everything she needed to know to my satisfaction....she could barely see and she still put a nice little 2 inch group into the target at 50 yards with the .22. Next time she shot my fathers .45....I thought she was missing her target which was set at 15 yards. No she was jsut shooting at the 50 yard target I was shooting my ak at....her group though low was only 2.8"....-_- ans she doesn;t even like guns

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fritzmeister said:
Give it time. ;) :D I'm sure in short order she will be better than you.

Congrats on getting some new shooters introduced to the sport. It's great fun.
Haha I hope not! It's one of the few things I have over her lol. I'm trying to get my sister to go out again and she doesn't want to. She said it was like skydiving. "So what it you've done it before, you're still scared when it comes time to jump out of the airplane!" I asked her if shed just come to the range, and she agreed.

Even if she doesn't shoot, it gets her around guns, and gets me the ladies night 50% discount! lol

HobbyShootist said:
my girlfriend had never fired a gun befor I tought her. we wound up going later than we anticipated. It was starting to get dark by the time i finished teaching her everything she needed to know to my satisfaction....she could barely see and she still put a nice little 2 inch group into the target at 50 yards with the .22. Next time she shot my fathers .45....I thought she was missing her target which was set at 15 yards. No she was jsut shooting at the 50 yard target I was shooting my ak at....her group though low was only 2.8"....-_- ans she doesn;t even like guns
Yeah mines the same way. She could care less, I'm hoping eventually, with enough range trips, she'll take a liking and want to get involved and possibly purchase one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts