Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My handgun permit finally came in the mail today. Only took three weeks!

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats.

What state? 3 weeks is fast!
Tennessee. That's what I thought. I didnt expect it to get here so fast.

---

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thas pretty cool. Im still waiting, 6 weeks in. Have meeting with gun board this Friday, hopefully I will walk out with my card.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Congratulations

·
Registered
868 Posts
SbrPaco, I didn't realize you were in Macomb County. I thought you were in Wayne, thus the reason I posted my experience with the Wayne County Gun Board.

Still probably good advice, arrive early, bring something to read and kill them with kindness.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
see thats why i love the south. we all love guns down here so its really easy to buy and carry. do you guys have any carrying tips. just did my wally walk today getting some stuff to fix my toilet. so i got that one down. any tips for driving and stuff like that.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Tips:
1. Be mindful of your pistol the first time you have to crap. You hafta hold onto your pants when you undo your belt now...

2. Put your wallet (or CCW card) in the rear pocket opposite your carry piece. Last thing you need is someone to think you are reaching for your weapon when all you are doing is reaching for ID.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tips:
1. Be mindful of your pistol the first time you have to crap. You hafta hold onto your pants when you undo your belt now...

2. Put your wallet (or CCW card) in the rear pocket opposite your carry piece. Last thing you need is someone to think you are reaching for your weapon when all you are doing is reaching for ID.
Thanks. I definitely experienced tip number one today. And number two I lucked out enough to carry my wallet in my right back pocket and I carry on my left due to being left handed.

---

·
Registered
868 Posts
After I was approved (but before I got my card), I switched my wallet to the left back pocket. It was weird for about a week, but now its second nature. By the time I started CC'ing, it already felt like that was where it was supposed to be.

'Nother tip:

3. If you get pulled over and you have time, shut off your engine and put the key on the dash, pull out your DL and permit and have them ready for the cop. Keep your hands visiable always. Tell him you are carrying and exactly where it is. Let him get it (even if he asks you to do so). If you don't have time to do all that, do nothing. Just keep your hands visible and tell him you are licensed and carrying and tell him where its at. Then let him get it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sweet. Thank you for the advice.

---

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.