Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i finally got to shoot the XD9SC that I picked up this past weekend, and let me tell you, it was as good as I thought it would be...

I have had a XD9 service for many years, but I wanted something smaller. As luck would ave it, I was able to sell my XD9 and grab a XD9SC OD locally. :grin: The XDSC only came with two 15 round mags, and one doesn't have the sleeve. I would like to get some factory mags with pearce grips to see how that feels.

The SC had some holster wear, but nothing too bad, and the first day I had it, I wanted to test the carry theory and see if it really was easier and more discreet to carry out. My friends and I went out for one of their birthday celebrations, and not only was it easier to carry, but no one noticed it either! Honestly, I didn't even feel it on my side. It was perfect! :mrgreen:

So yesterday I took it out on the dance floor, and again, it was perfect --no surprise there. At 7, 10, and 15 yards, I was punching paper center mass of my target. The kick of the SC wasn't bad either. It was quite managable, and I personally didn't even notice that big of difference!! I couldn't be happier with the size, carry capabilities, and accuracy of this awesome pistol. Thanks to all for their help, and thanks to this website for the ample information available to all those who need it!

I know, I know...you all want pics, huh? I'll try to get some up later tonight!

Now I just need to get some factory 10 round magazines...let me know if you guys have a couple you are willing to part with, or a good place to buy them!!

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
Congrats on your Xdsc9,Ive had mine for 5 years now and still love it.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Gun Broker has mags for $20 and Cheaper Than Dirt has the Pearce Grip Extensions for $6.61. Good luck.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice...I got the pearce extension already ordered...ebay worked out cheaper with shipping!

Thanks for the help on the mags though!!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Nice!

Shot my 9sc for the first time today too. 300 trouble free rounds of WWB plus a couple of boxes of Hornady TAP. This sweet little roscoe is going everywhere with me now.

Only thing is the darn thing has a nicer trigger than my 9svc. . . time for a PRP kit methinks. . .

·
Registered
108 Posts
Congrats... I have the powder river kit on my XD9SC and carry it daily. It has been my favorite purchase so far for the gun.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Most decent shooters are kinda floored by the accuracy of the XD-SCs. I'm a crappy pistol shooter but I shoot my 9mm SC better than my Service 9mm

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Congrats on the new SC! I prefer my Service over my SC, but I can see why guys prefer the SC.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for the replies, and Raider187, thank you for the addition of some extra magazines!! Looking forward to gettin them!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts