Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20" Remington 700 SPS / 3.5 x 10 Leupold / Archangel Chassis Stock / Harris Bipod on a very rickety bench.

Shoots under 1 moa @ 100 yards with regularity.

2.1" @ 200 yards
3.9" @ 500 yards

Pretty good for just over $1100.00 all in.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Sweet shooting sir.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Yes, very nice. I believe your 200 yd group isn't under 1 MOA if it's truly 2.1". 1 MOA would be 2.094" at 200 yds. If you just rounded up that's fine though. Your 500 yd group is very good.

I'd like to see some 5 shot groups, not just 3 shot groups.

You should take our MOA all day challenge!

·
Premium Member
8,307 Posts
1. Nice shooting.
2. Damn, I want to use your range.
3. Nice shooting.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He's already said he wont. something about a wang measuring contest.
It is not so much about measurement....mine is long enough for what I use it for and there is always going to be someone that is longer. Like I found out about fast cars, there is always someone with more money and if you want to go fast it just takes more money.

I don't think I am the best shooter in the world, heck I am probably just average. The only reason I post my results is so people on this forum like me that don't have a trust fund can see that you can build a fun to shoot accurate gun on a budget.

I wish you guys good luck with the contest..may the best man win!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Excellent work Sir!

Done worry about the buzzkills. I understand, my keyboard doesn't go out to the thousandths either :razz:

I'm digging your R700, after I get my son set up with his 3-gun rifle, a bolt is in my future and I might be copying you a bit!

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
It is not so much about measurement....mine is long enough for what I use it for and there is always going to be someone that is longer. Like I found out about fast cars, there is always someone with more money and if you want to go fast it just takes more money.

I don't think I am the best shooter in the world, heck I am probably just average. The only reason I post my results is so people on this forum like me that don't have a trust fund can see that you can build a fun to shoot accurate gun on a budget.

Based off of your signature line I would guess that you have done a fair bit of precision shooting... :) That size of group at 500 yards is very respectable especially off of a rickety bench rather than a rock solid rest from the prone position.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Excellent work Sir!

Done worry about the buzzkills. I understand, my keyboard doesn't go out to the thousandths either :razz:

I'm digging your R700, after I get my son set up with his 3-gun rifle, a bolt is in my future and I might be copying you a bit!
I am glad I didn't post a picture of my first try @ 500 yards. I had 2 out of 3 that were only 3/4" center to center with a flier 3.75" high.

I figured the 2 that were so close together were just PURE DUMB LUCK!:confused:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
He's already said he wont. something about a wang measuring contest.
Someone's scared of a bunch of internet ninja precision snipers!

At least you could provide some competition...

If someone claims MOA accuracy, damn it I want to make sure that we're true to the MOA name.

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
and why I track ALL my targets at each distance to get a better view of how my rifle shoots
Bingo...that is the way to do it. As a professional I know that the most important shot is the "Cold Bore Shot". The others are just to confirm the CBS. I have shot a lot of rounds in my career and I track EVERY SHOT in my data book. I have made a total of 30 shots with this rifle (10 x 3 rd. groups) at 100 yards. Every time my cold bore was on target and the second shot was in the same hole, the third shot was a flier never more than 1/2" from the first and second.

I finally got to shoot at longer ranges (200 and 500) and the results are in this thread. I will be shooting at longer ranges in the coming weeks because I am getting ready to teach a Sniper II school.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts