Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading all the blogs and several trips to the gun store for a look and feel. I finally dicided to buy the XDM. Traded in my XD40 and went straight to the range. Right out the box it shot better, more accurate and with less recoil. Very pleased :-D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't get me wrong I loved my XD40 but I did'nt have the money to buy it out right. I going to save up to get a xd SC 9mm next. Maybe they will come out with the XDM SC9. Now that will be sweet.

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
So, you sold your XD40 and got an XDM 40, is that right?
I've read the reports but have not handled an XDM, what is the difference?
Are the triggers the same, does the XDM have that very long reset like the XD? I'm so invested in trigger jobs with mine I can't sell 'em.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Correct, and the trigger reset is noticeably shorter as well as the trigger pull. I've put about 200 rounds through it and it really shoots well. It does shoot a little high. At 25 yards it shot about 4 or 5 inchs high but a good group. According to other blogs I've read the sights are set at the 6 o'clock position and I'm used to covering my target with the front sight. I'm planning on having night sights put on it anyway. Maybe I can find some that has a shorter rear sight or taller front sight that will lower my shots.

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
Interesting, I wondered when they would improve the trigger.

Well, I'm all invested-out in guns and I have my Tactical .45 tuned for competition so no new guns for me. Too bad my name isn't Rusty.

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
I sent it out for a super-duper trigger job.

The creep and overtravel are gone, the reset is very short and the trigger weight is 2-1/2 pounds. I had the feed polished as well.

I tuned my reloads to it for maximum control without it being a toy (200 gr bullet from Montana Gold, 5.0 gr Titegroup powder, 1.200" OAL).

I actually like the stock sights which apparently makes me unique.

When people shoot it, they always laugh and say "I WANT ONE!".
1911 folks shoot it more accurately in the first 15 minutes than their own gun. It's like you cannot miss with this gun, seriously, and I didn't even put a new barrel or any of that crap in it -- there was no need.

I sent mine out to
Canyon Creek Custom - Firearms for the Sportsman

Before I knew about Springer.
I had my XD .40 Service cleaned-up by Springer w/ a carry trigger job, mostly to fix the long reset and am very happy with that work also.

This Tactical is strictly for range fun only, I don't even have any defense ammo for it. Even the gunsmith called and asked me about that before he did the work.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Congrats on your new XDM. I'm just as pleased with mine out of the box. I am putting them all in a tighter group than I ever have. I keep wondering if it will get even better as the gun breaks in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts