Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to go with the .40SW for various reasons:

Haven't done more than fondle her yet but I'm in love, can't wait to get her to the range!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I can't tell because of glare on that gorgeous stainless; it that the 4.5"?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't tell because of glare on that gorgeous stainless; it that the 4.5"?
3.8 compact. I'm getting my CCL and figured the compact made more sense. Especially with the X-Tension mags. It's just to versatile not to use.

I have to say, while I kept teetering on the fence about paying a little more for the stainless,......God am I ever glad I did :D

Tomorrow morning I'm going to look for some dry fire .40 rounds and then see about taking her to the range for a bit.
Also ordering a drawer safe to keep her secured in the nightstand, found the stack on model on Amazon for only $39, figured it's enough to keep my toddler away from it while the rest of secured in my main lockbox away from the ammo.

Heh. This is honestly my first purchase on my own. The rest of my collection was either firearms I got growing up from my father or his collection that I inherited, ....so excuse the childish giddiness :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well I should have recognized it, then, as I have the same gun minus the bi-tone! You will like this gun. I've had mine a little over a year. Even though I looked a lot before getting it, I wasn't sure about it for the first few hundred rounds. Granted, it was my first handgun and I had a lot to learn. As I learned and got better with it, I liked it more. :) It easily has 2,000+ rounds through it with not one FTF using factory ammo.

The bi-tone is sweet! I just got an XDS this week and sprung for the bi-tone. The slide is much easier to clean than the black, mostly because you can see what you are doing.

Go shoot that thing!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Great choice. Enjoy...and let's us know how it dose at the range...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It actually shot beautifully. I have to work on my grip more, consistently went to the right about two rings at 30m. Been a busy ass couple weeks but hoping to get back out and work on it with live rounds soon. Till then I'm working on some dry fire exercises.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts