Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months of reading everything I could on this message board, I've finally turned 21 and got my XD!! Pure elation!
It's almost unreal that the anticipation is gone and it's now in my hands. My first sidearm. Feels good I must say!

I tried to go to the range yesterday after I picked it up - only to discover that the public range here is closed monday and tuesday - a fact that seems to have slipped the DNR's website; only to be discovered when faced with the sign posted on a closed gate. Oh well! I'll get up there in a few days, and post a little range report.

For now I just took a couple pics, testing the limits of my measly 1.3 megapixel camera.
Click em for fullsize:

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
Welcome to the club!
mmmm....guns and malt liquor.... :shock:

·
Registered
239 Posts
So Flo said:
Welcome to the club!
mmmm....guns and malt liquor.... :shock:
My thoughts exactly. But, what the hell, the guy just turned 21 so let him enjoy the maturity this country seems to think happens magically at the age of 21.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Welcome.

Now...throw that "ghetto" beer out and replace it with a pint of Guinness and you're done.

-Brickboy240

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha, understood. Honestly I just got the mickey's because I've never had it before and it seemed better than the other 40oz choices, like 'king cobra' and 'the usual' light. Feels good to exercise that right to purchase. They didn't even ID me... agh! haha

Have no fear, however; I haven't even chambered a round in the gun yet. I only intend to do so when I am about to actually fire [or when I feel I may need to].
That's about as close as a round comes to the chamber when there's an open beverage nearby.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I am with Brickboy240 and if Guinness is too strong for you or you are afraid that it might put too much hair on your chest get a Fat Tire. Just don’t make a habit of combining the two. Too much has been known to lead to stupidity. Enjoy your 21 b day and congratulations on the XD.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Brickboy240 said:
Welcome.

Now...throw that "ghetto" beer out and replace it with a pint of Guinness and you're done.

-Brickboy240
Why Guinness? Put a real beer in there, CzechVar or Pilsner Urquell. Might as well drink Rolling Rock (aka pisswater) if it is not a fine pilsner.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Happy 21st I just picked up my XD on friday, my first gun also. Went to the range on sunday and monday put 600 rounds so far with no problems. I took my friend with me on sunday and his 21st was monday, and he now has gone with the XD40 also. I just want to thank yall on the forum for making my 10 day waiting period a little easier. Thanks!

·
Registered
173 Posts
manygunner said:
Brickboy240 said:
Welcome.

-Brickboy240
Why Guinness? Put a real beer in there, CzechVar or Pilsner Urquell. Might as well drink Rolling Rock (aka pisswater) if it is not a fine pilsner.
Bah, come on now, all those beers are crap. Throw some Old German, or Iron City in there. That'll get ya going.

·
Registered
99 Posts
attackrott said:
I am with Brickboy240 and if Guinness is too strong for you or you are afraid that it might put too much hair on your chest get a Fat Tire.
Mmm... Fat Tire, too bad they dont sell it in 40s. You should have gotten a 12 pack of Mickeys grenades for that pic :D.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Now THAT is the BEST thing I have heard here yet! :D

Bah! Guinness taste like crap.
C'mon now!!! Guinness is the "Fine Wine" of beers!

Have fun and shoot safe my friend! Make sure ya drink that 40 "after" the range!

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Ugh, Fat Tire???

If I'm drinking a New Belgium beer, it's going to be 1554. I hate fat tire.

Guinness rocks. I can't put it in my keg-o-rator because it requires a nitrogen mix. We have a Guinness tower with around 100 cans in it though, and it's constantly growing.

Others I like:

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (Yum!)
Wexford Cream Ale
Pete's Blackwatch Ale
Ciders! (Hornsby, K, but Woodchuck Draft even more so!)
Boulevard Pale, Boulevard Unfiltered (made in my home state!)

And if I'm drinking cheap, I defy anyone to come up with a cheap-o that beats the taste of good ol' Pabst Blue Ribbon!

I love beer, and I need to get my post count up, so there you go!

Now, someone post about Scotch!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey WaltherP99,

I know you know about good ole Pittsburgh Brewing Co, beer. We gotta stand up for PA beer, even Rolling Rock (Latrobe, PA) and Yuenglings (Pottsville, PA.)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Rolling Rock=Horse Piss!!
Yuengling=River Water!!

Stoudt's=mmm mmmmm yummy!!

Sorry I can't support the other 2! :lol:

·
Registered
173 Posts
You can't even support the State Beer, IRON CITY. I'm afraid that I'm gonna have to report you, and have you deported to the Peoples Republik of Maryland. Once your there, you will be stripped of all your weapons, and high capacity magazines (you can keep the standard ones, the PRM does have a sense of humor.) I hope you don't smoke, because there is no smoking in the PRM. And self denfense, HA!!! Go ahead and shoot someone and claim self defense, you'll be sitting in prison, paying the family of the victim for the rest of your life, and you'll meet me, as I'm asking you "what kind of tray do you take?"

So, what was that you were saying about beer you couldn't support? :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Happy B-Day Man!!!

Ahh... 21 what a wonderful age. I was pissed too when they didn't card me for my first legal attempt at purchasing a brew!! Glad you got your XD! I can still relate to that feeling of elation from getting a new gun!!!!!

J!

·
Registered
452 Posts
I only work in PA but I support IRON CITY sales as much as possible... :wink: Last time I was in Hershey though, I asked for an IC Light and the girl behind the bar told me I wasn't in Pittsburgh... :x

Oh yeah, happy b day, you'll love the XD. If you're going to do Mickey's then you gotta get the big mouth bottles..... Nothing like some gutter tasting beer and/or some Boone's Farm to get in some pre-drink before hitting the bar..... Ah, the good old days...... :twisted:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts